Drove a 6.7 Today

farky

DIRT POOR FARM BOY
Jan 14, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
well i seen one at the dealer and i couldnt resist tryin to act interested :happy2:

when you open the door the chimes are no longer ding ding ding. they play a little tune for you. :confused: when you start it you kinda need to crack the window to see if its even runnin. VERY quiet. as far as power, it has a bit of a lag till you get some rpm's and then from 10 to about 40 or 50 it feels pretty strong.......top end sucks. i dont think they would outrun a stock DMAX yet. i wish GM would take lessons from Ford on interior design tho........nothin quite like a nice King Ranch ;) but with a $66,000 list price its not really feasible for a texas farm boy

but then i pulled out of the lot with my duro and knew the reason i dont drive anything else :D:D:D

Last edited:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
well i seen one at the dealer and i couldnt resist tryin to act interested :happy2:

when you open the door the chimes are no longer ding ding ding. they play a little tune for you. :confused: when you start it you kinda need to crack the window to see if its even runnin. VERY quiet. as far as power, it has a bit of a lag till you get some rpm's and then from 10 to about 40 or 50 it feels pretty strong.......top end sucks. i dont think they would outrun a stock DMAX yet. i wish GM would take lessons from Ford on interior design tho........nothin quite like a nice King Ranch ;) but with a $66,000 list price its not really feasible for a texas farm boy

but then i pulled out of the lot with my duro and knew the reason i dont drive anything else :D:D:D
There's a big reason why the interior is so nice ... so you don't get bored while
you are waiting for the road assistance ;)

trailerpro

Aug 6, 2006
Salem, Ohio
I drove a scorpion today. I liked it. Quiet, smooth, stout. Urea tank it right behind the fuel tank and fills right next to the fuel filler. One large door for both.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I drove a scorpion today. I liked it. Quiet, smooth, stout. Urea tank it right behind the fuel tank and fills right next to the fuel filler. One large door for both.

Cool,

I'm actually hoping that this motor works out for Ford (and I'm a GM guy at heart). Ford has had little to brag about in the last few years, and I think it will only help furthur development from GM and Chrysler if it does do well. Competition breeds innovation.

Some of the concepts used on the Scorpion are very cool and were an "outside the box" idea. Reverse airflow minimizing heat loss from cylinder to turbo is a great example of this.

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
drove a 450 lariat today......well it felt nice didnt make that tank feel like a tank.
the trans kept shifting hard ...the interior was very nice...just alittle too much plastic on the doors.
IHAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A CRAMPED ENGINE BAY IN MY LIFE!!!....im serious iwas like WHOOOAH!!
I know that sucker was heavy but the top end sucked. the price tag was 64k:eek:

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
how many times are they going to change it before they get it right?? its 2010 give me a break, it seems to me they hit it with the 6.4, here they are starting over again....:confused: almost feel bad for them:rofl:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Cool,

I'm actually hoping that this motor works out for Ford (and I'm a GM guy at heart). Ford has had little to brag about in the last few years, and I think it will only help furthur development from GM and Chrysler if it does do well. Competition breeds innovation.

Some of the concepts used on the Scorpion are very cool and were an "outside the box" idea. Reverse airflow minimizing heat loss from cylinder to turbo is a great example of this.
Funny thing is some of the innovative design (such as reverse flow heads and CGI block) was already brought out on the 4.5 Duramax GM had developed and had planned to release in 2010 until the government shut the project down after it was all but finished.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Funny thing is some of the innovative design (such as reverse flow heads and CGI block) was already brought out on the 4.5 Duramax GM had developed and had planned to release in 2010 until the government shut the project down after it was all but finished.
the test mule was getting 27 mpg towing a boat( 4.5). i guess the govt thought getting 30+ mpg was bad for the oil corporations:(