Drop in compressor wheel for stock lb7

Dave69

Mar 2, 2017
Indiana
Hey guys, new guy here so don't jump my shit too much haha. I just picked up a bone stock 2003 lb7 cali edition with 120k miles a few weeks ago. Gonna be installing exhaust, intake, FASS fuel system, egr delete, and efi live in the next few weeks. I was wanting to possibly add a compressor wheel to the stock turbo to give me some more boost and better sound. What are some of the options you guys recommend me to look at? The tranny is stock, for now, but I baby the hell out of her so I don't think I would have to worry about limping the tranny once everything is said and done. Thanks!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Contact Russ at Axis Machine about comp wheels. His contact info is listed in the vendor area.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If you're not building the trans, don't waste your time or money is my opinion. I'm still running a stock turbo in mine with nothing more than a kennedy boost valve set to 28-29 lbs peak boost, and had NO trouble putting enough power out to TEAR UP a stock 5 speed all without rolling coal(just a wiff on spool up). Once you build your trans, then look at one, but until then, I just don't see the reason to do it. With where I'm currently at I do want to do one of the 63.5mm kits, but this is with a built trans, lift pump, intake, exhaust, and 45 over sac injectors. But even with the stock turbo, I'm pretty confident I'm pushing 400+ to the wheels right now, and doing it with NO black smoke.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
X2 ^^^ I went the backwards route too and tried to put down the power before I built the tranny. It was a rather expensive mistake. With the stock turbo and the mods you have listed that you're gonna do you'll hear plenty of turbo. Get a boost valve for a little more turbo too. They're like $25. I personally was going to go with a wetter wheel but honestly for a few hundred more I'm going to go with the LDS 63.5 kit. But again. My tranny is built. Just my .02:thumb:

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
LDS is where I got mine and I like it but can't do any side by side comparison

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I wonder which 63.5 wheel LDS uses?

I don't have a clue but I do know one thing. Lauren and Brent sold me all the parts I've needed to get my truck back going and where it's at today. And they do not sell junk. They've got my business as long as they have what I'm looking for.