LLY: Driveshaft from lmm

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The 08 will probably have 1480 u joints, and the the 05 will probably have 1410 u joints.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
So just u joints r different

The the pinion damper is larger to accept the 1480 joint, the slip joint into the transmission should be the same.

=
YOKAAM11.5-1485-2T.jpg

=

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Isn't the slip yoke part of the driveshaft and you only need replace the pinion damper.?

=
=
F143832867.jpg

=

confusion in your post can be had by thinking that the slip yoke from a 1410 drive shaft is the same as the slip yoke on a 1480 drive shaft. they will be different from one another but will still go into the t-case the same. when you order the drive shaft, you can order just certain parts or the whole thing so even if the OP knows that the other end is 1480 and uses a different slip yoke, some guy searching the site might not. we have been getting alot of newbies from google lately.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
confusion in your post can be had by thinking that the slip yoke from a 1410 drive shaft is the same as the slip yoke on a 1480 drive shaft. they will be different from one another but will still go into the t-case the same. when you order the drive shaft, you can order just certain parts or the whole thing so even if the OP knows that the other end is 1480 and uses a different slip yoke, some guy searching the site might not. we have been getting alot of newbies from google lately.

Well, let's not confuse them anymore. We should use capitals when starting a sentence, a period when the sentence ends so as to not run on. Furthermore, paragraphs are essential when changing the direction/thought on said subject so as to not confuse the reader.

It's imperative the to use punctuation for guys like me with me an eighth grade education, helps with the comprehension of the subject being discussed/written about. We would not want any new members think we are uneducated/undereducated Neanderthal's would we?

Although a picture has cleared the shortcomings of my description and can clear up most any confusion, but, with Adobe Photo Shop nowadays a picture can tell a million lies.....:rofl:

Note: Punctuation and grammar checked via Microsoft Word 2013.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well, let's not confuse them anymore. We should use capitals when starting a sentence, a period when the sentence ends so as to not run on. Furthermore, paragraphs are essential when changing the direction/thought on said subject so as to not confuse the reader.

It's imperative the to use punctuation for guys like me with me an eighth grade education, helps with the comprehension of the subject being discussed/written about. We would not want any new members think we are uneducated/undereducated Neanderthal's would we?

Although a picture has cleared the shortcomings of my description and can clear up most any confusion, but, with Adobe Photo Shop nowadays a picture can tell a million lies.....:rofl:

Note: Punctuation and grammar checked via Microsoft Word 2013.

sometimes i think your old age and heat REALLY make you go loopy when the heat of the day comes on, even when you stay inside all day :screwy::angel: