Norcal
Not me. Ran them in my LB7 for years without issues

Have them in my LMM now also without any problems

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
Not me. Ran them in my LB7 for years without issues

Have them in my LMM now also without any problems

I've had cheapo ebay Led's, JDMastar, GTR LIghting and Vleds. They all have the same issue. The problem is on many avalanche/tahoe/yukon Silverado Sierra forums so I know its widespread. I just haven't found a feasible solution. The Suv crowd have vanity mirror lights and glovebox lights that are also on the same circuit so they just leave an incandescent bulb in those places and open them to get full power. I guess you're just lucky man. That or the problem is exclusive to 2007 Silverado classics such as myself and Countrycorey.

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
So is this gonna fix your issue?

No, I don't wanna hack into my factory wiring. Temporarily I have wired 1 194 bulb in a socket into one of the independently operated rear domes and tucking it away. I did this for added resistance to the circuit. Its basically the same as leaving one incandescent bulb in one of the sockets like my video shows except I am able to retain the all LED look that I want. This sort of works...i still have to press that switch for the bcm to click on then I get full power to the affected lights. Its just kind of a mickey mouse approach because I still have to switch a dome light on before my cargo switch to get full power to the cargos. I want everything to work as it would with regular bulbs.....I don't want to make any sacrifices lol. I wish Ben or Cornell would respond because I'm almost certain they have ran into this and have a better approach.

Javlin42

May 20, 2016
I had the same problem on my Denali and on my duramax. The canbus bulbs fixed my problems. Mine don't get hot, warm to the touch but not hot

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
I ended up adding resistors for the rear dome courtesy lights. I got them at digikey, they are 100ohm 1/2 watt. There is a nice spot to solder them in once you remove the dome light housing.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 26

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
I also added a VLR25 resistor from VLEDs to solve the issue with the cargos. I don't have time to mess with the maps, but i'm fairly certain that the 100ohm resistors from digikey will do the trick there also. Hopefully this helps anyone who has been dealing with these issues. I have been really impressed with everything that I have bought from VLED's including the resistor. It is very expensive stuff, but all seems to be very high quality. The guys at Vleds have also been extremely helpful to me with everything. Highly recommend them, you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• 034 (800x450).jpg
    034 (800x450).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32

Dsmspickdad

Feb 4, 2019
Sylvania from O ‘Reilly’s no issue yes they made LED bulbs. The fog light “headlights “ carry a 5 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk