Dmitri is out for good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You run a 9 second pass yet? Show me the hundreds that did. Not taking his side. Just sayin. He even did it with an Allison.:eek::D

Mike, Pat hasn't ran and I look at him as doing way more for this sport.

As well as many others including you! So if you run a dmax into the 9s then you are a good for the sport and every else doent contribute.

Anyone with lots of money and sponorship can do that thanks to the real people that contributed imo

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Fwiw Mike, I never once thought I've done anything for the industry either.

Pat and this website and a lot of the people that helped me....are though.

People like Fingers with his pistons, ben with his gizmos ( even though I can't stand him ) wherli customs
Trent Nell, jeff sting puller, idaho rob, Henry with all his GM tech posts these type of people that deserve appreciation the ones that go out of there way to help....hell dan at ppe has gone out of his way to help but there are so many lil people that all contribute and yet dmitri is considered a god?

What he did was good but he ran big air big fuel and blew his shit up !pointing out a dmax won't last.....to me that is a selfish call, looking for nothing but the fast pass.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Simon

Thanks but I don't fill I have done much myself other than have fun. I just love to race and have for a long time. I never drink, NEVER done drugs or anything that cost money. If it's not family or racing I don't spend money on it. I can't if I want to race. I have a two person shop, I don't make a lot of money. Now that's all relative I know but from what I have seen others say they make it makes me wonder how I would do if I had that kind of money. Now on the other hand there is people who wish they could do what I do. All I have to say is you would be surprised what you can do "IF" you really want to. I don't do bad but I promise all of you I make no where near triple digits! Also I agree there is a time to work and a time to play! I have never seen a sport with so many people into self promotion for doing so little. I guess that's why I argue with a select few and I know I shouldn't. You never see the guys who actually do something getting on the internet tooting there own horn. Sorry for the rant. I would help anyone that needs help if they try and help themselves, but if you bring it on yourself and you know better then I just can't fill sorry for you.

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
You hit the nail on the head. There are alot of people that do big things for this sport that don't bother talking about it on the web. Like the person that helped design the new raybestos clutches. And yes he lives north of the mason Dixon.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You hit the nail on the head. There are alot of people that do big things for this sport that don't bother talking about it on the web. Like the person that helped design the new raybestos clutches. And yes he lives north of the mason Dixon.

There were a few people involved with that clutch. Some above and some below that line.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I never did understand why people go on the NET and hang their laundry out. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Facebook is a laundry mat. Or I refer to it as Trailer-Park.com. It's like everyone is hanging out in the Bay Window trying to see what the neighbors are doing then call up their other neighbor and gossip. People are so happy to be in others business.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Well put Simon. Some of the people that contribute the most aren't racers or pullers, but the people in development.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
How about we continue to use this site as intended and not turn it into a estrogen filled gossip factory. if you want that, go to the hair salon with your wives or girlfriends. I vote this thread gets closed and we all go on about our own business and talk more about diesel and less about personal lives of misfits. :thumb:

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
I never did understand why people go on the NET and hang their laundry out. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Facebook is a laundry mat. Or I refer to it as Trailer-Park.com. It's like everyone is hanging out in the Bay Window trying to see what the neighbors are doing then call up their other neighbor and gossip. People are so happy to be in others business.
Agreed
I thought all the drama went away when we all left DP 5+ years ago. Just goes to show ya...

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Since when did someones personal problems become comedy for others or anyone elses business for that matter? Why even bother to give him this attention?

When he put it out there for all to see.

Im not saying its right but if he didnt want anyone to talk he wouldve kept to himself. Theres a ton of people that just disappear from the diesel world and leave everybody wondering why they cant get ahold of them and such.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Since when did someones personal problems become comedy for others or anyone elses business for that matter? Why even bother to give him this attention?

You could choose not to read it and ignore the whole subject. Plenty of tech in this forum.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
You could choose not to read it and ignore the whole subject. Plenty of tech in this forum.

The #1 thing many people forget about the internets, its a fascinating option built into the system, much like your TV, if you don't want to watch Golden Girls change the channel. (Not directed at you though Mike, I know you love the Golden Girls.)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The #1 thing many people forget about the internets, its a fascinating option built into the system, much like your TV, if you don't want to watch Golden Girls change the channel. (Not directed at you though Mike, I know you love the Golden Girls.)

I'm married to one Vinnie.:happy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.