Disgusting tire wear SD centerlink

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My truck has great tire wear, no bump steer. Oh wait I don't use an aftermarket center link. Pull that ****ing thing off Nick you don't even race.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It creates even worse bumpsteer than factory. Only good straight centerlinks are kryptonite or exaxt being as they mount the inner tie rod behind the center link

Ohh oops. I thought it was called bump steer when it allows the wheels to turn different angles. Sorry

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ohh oops. I thought it was called bump steer when it allows the wheels to turn different angles. Sorry

no....thats "ackerman"...

bump steer is how the toe of the front alignment changes as the suspension cycles throughout its travel...

badarsenal

Oct 18, 2008
Does anyone supply the exact kit. I emailed back and forth with someone over there but never heard back after he told me they would be cutting stock soon... 5 months ago

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ohh okay. So straight axles won't have bump steer?

No no they can definitely have bump steer. Or roll steer.

Depending on the steering setup (inverted Y, inverted T, etc) and draglink/tierod config, it can be greatly reduced, or compounded/made worse.

I cant think of any suspension setup that eliminates bump steer completely, I could be wrong though.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
50K miles on my SD centerlink while running 325's on 12" wide wheels...no complaints here.

For whatever reason it does not seem to effect regular cab configurations as bad as the longer wheel base trucks.. There was a previous thread on this subject awhile back and a few reg cab guys chimed in IIRC...

-Shep-

RCLB kind of guy
May 4, 2011
Tennessee
For whatever reason it does not seem to effect regular cab configurations as bad as the longer wheel base trucks.. There was a previous thread on this subject awhile back and a few reg cab guys chimed in IIRC...

My disclaimer...the only issue I have is that during continuous, full lock turning I get the "dog-walking / wobble-coddling" one would experience if you were turning in a solid axle truck in 4WD on pavement in a tight parking lot. Worst case scenerio for me was having to park in the garage at Vanderbilt Hospital.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No no they can definitely have bump steer. Or roll steer.

Depending on the steering setup (inverted Y, inverted T, etc) and draglink/tierod config, it can be greatly reduced, or compounded/made worse.

I cant think of any suspension setup that eliminates bump steer completely, I could be wrong though.

the ONLY suspension i have seen that have had 0 bumpsteer are custom off road trucks with full custom A/J arm setups or ford rangers and f150s with the radius arm and full crossover steering with long travel suspension. My ranger i built was that way, toe never changed through out its full suspension cycle.