Differences in weight?

01redshowpony

Dec 9, 2015
Camp Point IL
Zakkb787, I have a buddy with a 02 RC/SB front end converted to 06. Made 987/1698 and is set up very similar to the way you were talking with 150s, 12 mil, s475 single, built trans, 4link. Was talking to him the other day (Very very knowledgeable guy) and was talking it should run low tens and maybe nines if through another turbo over the s475.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Zakkb787, I have a buddy with a 02 RC/SB front end converted to 06. Made 987/1698 and is set up very similar to the way you were talking with 150s, 12 mil, s475 single, built trans, 4link. Was talking to him the other day (Very very knowledgeable guy) and was talking it should run low tens and maybe nines if through another turbo over the s475.

Sounds like a sweet setup. I ended up with another ECSB truck. But I’m very interested in that front end conversion. I’m wanting the exact opposite. Any way you can put me in touch with him to see exactly what the differences were?

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I Love my Stubby Lol. Although I don’t run leaf springs or torsion bars . Rubber floor, manual 4x4 , electric windows , full stock interior , fuel cell & AC. I’m at around 5720# dry. Truck runs straight as an arrow . Although I’ve yet to be able to get it dead hook with my big tune , trying some different things this year . Mine too is a street truck with occasional visits to the track . In a 4x4 application I don’t think the weight transfer plays as big a roll . In a 2 wheel drive application the shorter the wheel base the better the weight transfer IMO

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
Sounds like a sweet setup. I ended up with another ECSB truck. But I’m very interested in that front end conversion. I’m wanting the exact opposite. Any way you can put me in touch with him to see exactly what the differences were?

Blake's close but a little off. Lol. It's my brothers truck he's talking about. Made 971/1685 in 4x4 on DuramaxTuners dyno. ED S475 single, 150% DDPs, dual stock lbz cp3s. It's an 03 converted to an 06 front end so it's a little easier although I have a buddy with an 02 converted to 06. You just have to get the whole front clip instead of just a hood and grille. It's a RCSB 4X4 4 linked still torsion bar setup. Weighs a touch over 5700 without him in it. Truck will hook on gravel. We are gonna put a Garrett thumper over the 475 and hope it'll trap in the upper 130s. What that's good for in the 1/4 we will have to wait and see. We are 400 foot above sea level with occasional negative DAs