DIesel Power Challenge 2011

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
that's pretty much what I was getting at, if a race built motor came with a warranty I bet it would cost 2-3 times as much.

a race motor is already a tough pill to swallow, but if your cool with your builder when bad things happen. he might help you out (parts at cost, labor discounts, etc.)

Most decent guys do that already so but that's a really gray area on warranty I don't expect anyone to warranty my motor if I had it built unless when its tore apart an building error is found then I'd just expect that part to be replaced not the rest I dunno slippery slope there

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I was more stirring the pot in my first post;) but hey, take it as you wish. I'll ask you this though, if you had a reputable builder setting up your entire truck for you, and it blows the first event with him behind the helm....what would you do? Id be ripped I was out 50k and I didn't get to sit behind the wheel...I'm not saying that's what happened, its just a question...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's the Worst Kept Secret in Dmax racing:

Few if any of the max effort engines are surviving in real life. At least not as well as gas race engines are.

Seems the most reliable setups are with single chargers and nitrous on a well-built engine.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Im checking in at ATS while the trucks are on the mileage test. We are doing pretty good. Our keep it alive stratagy seems to be the ticket this year. There are 5 trucks in these last 2 events. We are the only Dmax. Its going to come down to the sled pull as we are us in the top 4 are seperated by about 3 points...Also there is a good tie in top 4 from what we are told.

There was very good competition here, and all these guys worked thier ass off to get here and also while compeating.

Alright, I'm out. The Diesel Power facebook page is a good place for updates as they are trying to be on top of it.

Hopefully we can do well in sled pull and bring the win home for Team Dmax.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Dylan, you and I should bring one of our trucks to this comp next year..probably mine since yours is a stick, and ill let you drive it....because I know where I can get a spare motor for it:hug:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Im checking in at ATS while the trucks are on the mileage test. We are doing pretty good. Our keep it alive stratagy seems to be the ticket this year. There are 5 trucks in these last 2 events. We are the only Dmax. Its going to come down to the sled pull as we are us in the top 4 are seperated by about 3 points...Also there is a good tie in top 4 from what we are told.

There was very good competition here, and all these guys worked thier ass off to get here and also while compeating.

Alright, I'm out. The Diesel Power facebook page is a good place for updates as they are trying to be on top of it.

Hopefully we can do well in sled pull and bring the win home for Team Dmax.

Good Luck.:thumb::D

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Dont you fellas worry about Owen... He will be taken care of. Parts fail, but the cool thing is that even though it only spun to about 2200 RPM Owen still took 3rd!:D Gotta find the bright side:angel:

Caleb

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Here's the Worst Kept Secret in Dmax racing:

Few if any of the max effort engines are surviving in real life. At least not as well as gas race engines are.

Seems the most reliable setups are with single chargers and nitrous on a well-built engine.

It's not a secret when you tell people :angel:

You could certainly have a ,I think, a good conversation based on your statement above.

"High Horsepower Engine reliability, Single Verses Twin Turbo Truck".

I guess first things first you'd have to have a number of each species ,single and Twin Turbo.

Then I think you'd have to have a lot of honesty! That or of course you had enough spies across this country! :roflmao:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
When I messed up my trans Dustin fixed it at cost and it was my fault it happened. (I tried a 2nd gear launch) with my motor I never talked to Tony about it but I think I'm in good hands and not worried that something due to him will cause my motor to fail.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
No way can anyone warranty a Dmax race engine at 1000+ HP.

That being said, you should always have an agreement as to what happens if it does blow, and what happens if it was caused by neglegience? such as forgetting a wristpin clip, head gaskets on backwards, etc.

The PARTS can fail racing, but the engine building shouldn't.

X2 100% on this statement!

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
What's cool is there are 5,525 hits from people checking this thread who want to see the running results of the event. This is excellent traffic and shows alot of Dmax fans and opponents who are seeing the mix in the Dmax world. Go Team Dmax until the end. Lots of people running this site just on the one topic is great.

gmc500

May 3, 2011
Half the hits are from me lol I can't even count how many times I have refreshed this page

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Staying on topic of course :D I heard Dmitri lost multiple 48re's while at Suncoast, and now again at the drag racing portion of the competition. I am nothing in the diesel world but I have first hand experience with the PCS Controller, and Suncoast Valvebody in quite possibly the highest horsepower producing CR. IIRC that transmission was wasted on the first boosted launch as in brake>throttle> boost was climbing around 25psi(not much for this truck) and ZING!!!! 4000rpm. After 5 times rebuilding the trans in house it was shipped to Suncoast they had it on the transmission dyno everything was done to Suncoast's extreme drag racing specs shipped back, reinstalled it slipped on the first pass. The PCS was ditched for a manual valve body and the truck does not have anywhere close to the same amount of problems. Guys thinking the Duraflite is the end all be all quick fix for the Duramax is full of **** if they believe that