LLY: Died in intersection!!

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
So a buddy of mine had his truck die in the middle of the intersection and wouldn't start. Got it towed to the shop and what do know!! it starts great. His banks iq showed these codes: P0193, P0405, P0642, P1093. So far nothing found. So we unplugged all the banks stuff. No codes yet! What you guys think??

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
so fired it up today. blue smoke out the pipes and lopes. checked the harness and can't seem to find anything. Is there a specific spot they tend to rub through?? And i can't get a scan tool till monday morning!! any help would be great thanks!!

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
Edge fixed that... they had an issue with lb7 trucks.... If i were you i would call edge and see if they can help you with that...

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
ok so i got the truck into the shop. it fired up and drove! bearly!! it smoked blue like crazy! but still ran. The smoke smelled like two stroke oil and gas so i popped the fuel cap and what do i find!! Gasoline in the tank!! Drained the tank, dropped it, wiped it out by hand, then blew out the fuel lines from the engine back. Threw out fuel filter, put a new one on. Removed lines from filter housing, and let drain. Removed plugs from fuel rails, and let drain. When i had to relief valve out i decided to shim it. I made up a shim pack out of 3 small washers, and then reinstalled. Filled new filter up with fresh diesel, filled tank quarter full. Primed the crap out of the truck till i couldn't get anymore air out of it. Tried to start and no go, not even a try!! :confused: I cracked some lines and pumped some more, i even pressurized the fuel tank!! STILL NO START!! I disconnected anything to do with the glow plugs and gave it a small shot of ether and still no go! only ran on the ether. I'm getting fuel everywhere, and it's not even trying!! What gives?? :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

If installing a shim in the relief valve can you over shim it and cause a problem??

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
could have done some serious damage to the injection system. Are you sure its priming up. Sometimes you gotta pump that primer for freakin hours

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
i have been pumping it for hours!! i running out of things to do! i would love to put a scanner on it and see what everything is doing but i can't seem to get ahold of one.

I really hope it doesn't need injectors, i know the guy and he really doesn't need this right now.

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
First start by letting the gas station know, second i would not use anymore ether. Make sure all those fittings on the rails are TIGHT. How long have you been trying to crank it over?

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
been trying it for a long time. have the charger on it. i'm getting fuel everywhere!! but still no fire.

got a scan tool today. put it on and i keep getting P0193 code. I checked the desired frp and its suppose to be 40 MPa and during cranking the actual is 2 MPa. so i'm not getting my rail pressure high enough to fire right?? How can i test or check the CP3 if it's building the proper pressure?? Please help! Need to get this truck running!!