DHD Brace with leveled truck

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
my lbz has cranked bars slightly. truck isnt totally level still sits about a inch lower in the front. I bought a DHD brace so i could run it leveled on the street and lower it for the track like i have seen and heard of some others doing. How ever my brace wont fit. with it bolted up to the center link the brace hits the front dif. Anyone running a DHD brace with a leveled truck. I called DHD but still waiting on a call back from tony

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Exactly how much is it hitting the diff? The brace rides along the diff. That’s what provides the support.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
51b7f5914f0f48daeff767f3b5325d19.jpg
11d27b2d74565334fea3aea7596775d4.jpg
2065ac16912a7d148cff8031773d2608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I may be having a moment. But isn’t the center link in front of the diff. So the nylon is supposed to be towards the centerlink.

Edit: oh wait the brace bolts to the centerlink then the nylon rides the diff right?

Last edited:

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I may be having a moment. But isn’t the center link in front of the diff. So the nylon is supposed to be towards the centerlink.

The nylon rides on the diff and is what supports the brace. Some trucks the brace doesn't make contact and there is a small gap. It then makes contact under load.

THe LML brace is different and rides on a roller. So it depends on the application.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
The nylon rides on the diff and is what supports the brace. Some trucks the brace doesn't make contact and there is a small gap. It then makes contact under load.

THe LML brace is different and rides on a roller. So it depends on the application.

I had to think about it for a minute :spit: you treed me on my edit :roflmao:

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I thought all years had the roller option?

From what I remember if your cranked too much in the front the tierods will hit the dhd brace when turning at close to full lock. I could be wrong though.

For me I like the cognito brace for leveled trucks. If I was lowered I would go with the dhd brace. For a stock truck that wanted bracing you could go both ways.

Go ahead James and school me. Lol

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ive tried it before. It doesn't work properly on lifted trucks. It works for factory height trucks. If it does, I must of installed something wrong myself as well.

Even says it in the description

https://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/i-149...-center-link-steering-stabilizer-bracket.html

Think about this. Why is it a lifted truck (one that uses drop brackets) will not work with this bracket and why is that I’m saying a leveled truck (op’s truck) will work with this bracket?

There is a slight slight chance the op is using a lift kit and lowered it to leveled height but 99% of the time if they purposely did that, they will say that because that’s pretty specific information and knowledge

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Think about this. Why is it a lifted truck (one that uses drop brackets) will not work with this bracket and why is that I’m saying a leveled truck (op’s truck) will work with this bracket?

There is a slight slight chance the op is using a lift kit and lowered it to leveled height but 99% of the time if they purposely did that, they will say that because that’s pretty specific information and knowledge

I know you know suspensions very well. But even on a leveled truck like I am assuming the OP's is, where the brace does bolt up and look good and act like it's going to work. It just doesn't work. It was not built for leveled trucks.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I know you know suspensions very well. But even on a leveled truck like I am assuming the OP's is, where the brace does bolt up and look good and act like it's going to work. It just doesn't work. It was not built for leveled trucks.

Huh? The brace works for its intended purpose on leveled trucks as well. Ive seen them do just fine on 2 leveled trucks I’ve worked on. If you are expecting it to stop all toe in, it will not do that as the flex comes elsewhere but the idler/pitman arm won’t rock. That’s its design.

Again, this will work on leveled trucks. NOT on dropped diff lifts. Dhd warning is specifically for those type lifts.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I personally don't suggest them for cranked keyed trucks. But, more importantly will just have to see what the OP gets for a Response from DHD. :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I personally don't suggest them for cranked keyed trucks. But, more importantly will just have to see what the OP gets for a Response from DHD. :D

Out of curiosity, what do you recommend for a leveled truck that doesn’t want to drop the coin on a krytonite centerlink kit?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Like James said, on a factory located front diff the bracket will bolt in place and serve it's purpose regardless of how much the keys are cranked. Obviously the more you crank on them the less effective it will be.

To the OP, what pitman / idler arm are you running? That's the only reason I can see why the bracket might be pushed farther back toward the diff.