Delta Drill Press

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Any of you guys have any personnal experience this press?? I can get a brand new one from Lowes for a great price. Just wanted to know if any had any input.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
we've had one for probably close to 15 years, no problems. Its a good machine that will suit any home shop perfectly.

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
Just bought one from Lowe's...they were getting ready to bring in a new model...before you buy it ask the guy if he will discount it anymore than the advertised price...I did and he knocked off another $79

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just bought one from Lowe's...they were getting ready to bring in a new model...before you buy it ask the guy if he will discount it anymore than the advertised price...I did and he knocked off another $79

x2 were replacing them wiht I think Task Force... If anyone is looking for one do as Mac Daddy said. They are now non stock items and should be able to get a great price

Crusher9

Jan 2, 2010
A good Drill Press is one of the most used tool in a shop. That's a good unit for 90% home shops but little light for Pro Metal Fab guys. On that one, you have to change belt pulleys to change speed. Which is a PITA if you work with different materials often. The table is a little light, I like a heavy cast table with several T-Slots. Also look for a Morse spindle so you can swap chucks. I have a Wilton 20" VS Drill Press but then again I have a serious tool addition problem.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I went to lowes to get this drill yesterday and they just had the display model left. I figured They would definetly deal with me on it:rolleyes: Well the tool department guy says "Its marked down to 379.00 and thats the best I can do on it" I told him that I heard they were discontinuing this unit and wondered if they wanted to get rid of it for a little less? He told me I had to talk to a M.O.D. (Manager on duty:rolleyes:) So I did and the guy was a total prick and said he does not care what I read or what other Lowes are doing with there inventory, He was responsible for this location and would not sell it for any less then $379.00. I said thank you for your time and left. So the reason for this post is I am curious if any one else has gotten a deal on one of these or if its one of those things were you have to know some one to get a deal???

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well I know a guy in the lumber department that said he would keep an eye out for a clearance sale on the drill. So at some point I might be able to get it cheap still. If not no big deal, I dont really need a second one but for $150.00 - $200.00 I would certainly take one:)