LMM: cycling vanes and flat accel after dpf delete

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Ok guys need some help here as Im missing something. My buddy bought an 09 lmm and he recently deleted the dpf. Well I ordered him a dsp5 switch and while we are waiting for it to get here I went on ahead and turned off the dpf and egr and all mil request's for them so he can drive it. Truck is cycling vanes @ around 2krpms in first and reverse and also it falls flat during acceleration for just a moment and then picks up and runs fine. maintain a constant speed @ around 70-75 and the truck will cycle vanes falling flat and then picking up. I noticed in efi there are some tables from the 08 to the 09 that are different for the vane control and boost pressure(desired boost levels,transient and turbo vane target position,transient). Anybody ran into this? Ive never had this problem with any other lmm ive tuned. The truck does this with the stock tune and just the dpf and egr turned off. No cel's just the vanes cycling. Driving me crazy! Thanks in advance!

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Bump guys need some help here. I'm stumped as to why it would do this by just turning off the dpf and egr.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Unless you have a blocker plate installed, the EGR will open and close on it's own if you shut it off. If you have no plate in it, leave teh EGR on but set the limiter tables for temp so that it cannot come on due to temp limiters. This will make teh ECm keep it closed, but if it opens it will look for it whereas if teh EGR is disabled it will not look for EGR flow and when it pops it will do funky things.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Yeah I am waiting on the plate to put in. I've just never had one act like this by just disabling the egr. I guess I've always unplugged the egr though when I've tuned one with egr.