EFILive Cummins HD tuning

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Anyone here doing the Beta testing on the Cummins HD stuff? Just got an email from EFI Live and it looks as there will be quite a bit of support even down to the 2.8L

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I just hope these cummins owners/tuners tune then so they run clean. Passed an 06 or 07 the other day with calibrated power? (think that's duramax tuner) efi sticker on the rear window and puttering down the road it was leaving a massive trail of smoke and that was running only 65. I wasn't impressed to say the least

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
I just hope these cummins owners/tuners tune then so they run clean. Passed an 06 or 07 the other day with calibrated power? (think that's duramax tuner) efi sticker on the rear window and puttering down the road it was leaving a massive trail of smoke and that was running only 65. I wasn't impressed to say the least

Calibrated power, or Calibrated Addiction?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Calibrated power I fairly positive...it's whatever duramax tuners cummins tuning package is.

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
I'm wondering if you can just buy the new HD v2 and use the current Cummins tuning license. Or if you need to buy a whole new scanner / software package?

That has me curious. Will it have the capabilities to tune light duty too such as our blue/white v2's? So we can just have one v2 to use on everything?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That has me curious. Will it have the capabilities to tune light duty too such as our blue/white v2's? So we can just have one v2 to use on everything?

No. The email clearly states that the Cummins HD stuff uses a completely different setup and requires a different V2.

They aren't going to cut into sales by making one V2 do both........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately HD required some hardware modifications and the cables are different.

FlashScan HD/AutoCal HD will only communicate with HD vehicles.
FlashScan V2/AutoCal will only communicate with LD vehicles.

There will be a range of customers (ie. HD fleet customers, Gas workshops etc) that won't need both.

For those customers that do need both, if you would like FlashScan V2 and FlashScan HD to link/unlink AutoCal devices and lock/unlock tune files across the entire suite of products, FlashScan HD can be manufactured with the same license number as your FlashScan V2.

Cheers
Cindy

Sweet.

So we would just need to supply you with our current v2 license numbers before ordering the HD hardware?

Yes, you'll be able to enter your license number when ordering your new FlashScan HD.

If you forget to do that on ordering, there is the option to do that remotely, but that's really only an option if you haven't yet licensed any controllers.

If You use the remote license change option after licensing a controller to FlashScan HD or linking an AutoCal, FlashScan HD won't be able to retune that controller without relicensing it. AutoCal won't be able to be sent new tunes or be unlinked because the license number on FlashScan doesn't match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Is there going to be any functionality with specific component controls and testing? EGR, Turbo, Manual regen control, cylinder contribution test, injector balance rate, compression test etc. Similar to what Insite is capable of?

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
Is there going to be any functionality with specific component controls and testing? EGR, Turbo, Manual regen control, cylinder contribution test, injector balance rate, compression test etc. Similar to what Insite is capable of?

I am thinking they would be able to do obd stuff, cummins is really preservative with insite program, don't think you can calibrate a vgt or run an scr performance test.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Why not get functionality of usable and needed items working before releasing new vehicle formats? That is the sensible and logical progression to go through with r&d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Why not get functionality of usable and needed items working before releasing new vehicle formats? That is the sensible and logical progression to go through with r&d.

Sales and profits first, research and functionality second, or maybe never......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Projects need to be broken down into manageable components.
Reading, Flashing and mapping take top priority. Additional functionality will be developed and released over time.

If we waited until every phase of development for a new platform was 100% complete, LB7 and LLY support would have been in development 6 years.

I'm not sure how you'd handle that situation, but the unfortunate reality is that we couldn't invest 6 years of development into a project without generating a return. At this point, HD has already been in development for 12 months.

Cheers
Cindy

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!

I don't think they will ever do it, our dealership bought a 10k diagnostic program that will do any hd vehicle, including cummins, to modify a calibration with insite you need cummins caltern with metafiles is pretty long process and hard to understand but let's see how this efi hd works. Keeping in mind cummins have thousands of calibrations,