Crank broke -- need help

Liftemall

Aug 8, 2018
So I have an 07.5 2500hd gmc with 60k miles and it spent the last 5 years in the shop getting an insane makeover. After completion I brought her home and put less than 50 miles on her and the crank broke. I am absolutely baffled at how this happened considering the truck has a very mild tune and exhaust upgraded intercooler and Banks torque converter. This truck has 24 inches of lift rolling on 42x16x28. It’s not a truck you can beat on so I can’t believe this happened with barely any miles on it. The truck has a total of 60,180 miles. The motor wasn’t even broke in yet.

Anyways, I really need some help here. I need an engine completely built that has decent horse power and is 100% reliable. I was hoping to be in the 650hp range. I have zero access to anything to do it myself so I am hoping someone can please direct me to somewhere that can build my complete motor without getting raked over the coals. I would highly appreciate the help in finding a reputable company to build my engine completely to the point of just paying someone to drop it in. I can post pics of this beast if you would like to see it

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Hate to burst your bubble but no engine is 100% reliable. Not even stock or built. Otherwise they'll get infinite miles which we know they don't

Please fill us in on more details about the engine, if more than mentioned above, what was done to it, mods, who's tunes, etc.

Did it sit for 5 years without being run, started?

Give us a little more to work with

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
So I have an 07.5 2500hd gmc with 60k miles and it spent the last 5 years in the shop getting an insane makeover. After completion I brought her home and put less than 50 miles on her and the crank broke. I am absolutely baffled at how this happened considering the truck has a very mild tune and exhaust upgraded intercooler and Banks torque converter. This truck has 24 inches of lift rolling on 42x16x28. It’s not a truck you can beat on so I can’t believe this happened with barely any miles on it!

Anyways, I really need some help here. I need an engine completely built that has decent horse power and is 100% reliable. I was hoping to be in the 650hp range. I have zero access to anything to do it myself so I am hoping someone can please direct me to somewhere that can build my complete motor without getting raked over the coals. I would highly appreciate the help in finding a reputable company to build my engine completely to the point of just paying someone to drop it in. I can post pics of this beast if you would like to see it
Where are you located

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Liftemall

Aug 8, 2018
Located in Orlando. The truck was started twice a week and oil change regularly even though it sat. I had a hk tuner on it and full exhaust air intake Banks intercooler Banks torque converter. The shop lost the hk tuner and replaced it with autocal ppei. Picked it up and the truck felt weak. only drove 50 miles total and was not driving it hard. Motor started knocking about two miles from home and 30 seconds later it let loose and died

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Depends what you want to spend, there are quite a few vendors on here that can hook you up with a built engine. I'm sure mark at Danville performance, Tony @ DHD, SoCal, or wagler just to name a few can hook you up with a built engine shipped to you.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Sounds like it was broken when you picked it up??:mad:

They will still drive, but have low power...

When they break there is a loud pop, or so I've been told. Personally, I think you would have felt or heard something let go way before the knock...

Last edited:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
theres quite a lot of “shops” in our area man but if you can’t put a motor in yourself I would make the drive out to Shane
I don’t trust anyone in this area because I know for a fact a lot of them are just in it for the $$ and the knowledgeable guys just have their crack heads do the work anyways

Liftemall

Aug 8, 2018
I’m looking for something reasonable with 600-650 hp. From what I read, that seams to be the threshold before things get outrageous expensive. If someone can list the contact info for the best engine guy to build this I would appreciate it