LMM: CP3 Knocking HELP!

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
ROB, it does smoke at idle right now which i figured it would to some extent. I will check rail when the lift pump is unlpugged as well. Brand new belt the first one chewed one edge up shortly after.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
What did mark say? doubt its the lines, the plug on top of the block tight? Do you have access to another controller? it very well could be that.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
belt is routed right ,connections look to be good. ill check voltage at that battery too. its about 10k psi lower than desired at Wot on tune 4 right now aswell

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Mine didn't change when turning the lift pump off. Just hope the pump doesn't come apart and send crap through my brand new sticks

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Heading to shop now going to ramp up pressure with tech 2 and see what it's doing and look at the fprv Logan Lewis mentioned that too

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
What did mark say? doubt its the lines, the plug on top of the block tight? Do you have access to another controller? it very well could be that.

Yea the plug I was referring to is the on brass fuel distribution block. Is your stock or a shimmed valve installed or a plug and is it tight as fu*k?

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Mine made the EXACT same sound as your video.

Held rail fine etc...

But the pump was done for. My fuel tank was lined with gold/ copper metal flake all along the bottom.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Mine made the EXACT same sound as your video.

Held rail fine etc...

But the pump was done for. My fuel tank was lined with gold/ copper metal flake all along the bottom.

Did it kill your injectors?

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Yea the plug I was referring to is the on brass fuel distribution block. Is your stock or a shimmed valve installed or a plug and is it tight as fu*k?

haha yes that relief valve has to be tighter than anything. built and engine and his break in tune drove fine. after 300 miles we dumped the oil out and turned the wick up and kept dropping rail hard. Figured the plug in the block was not tight enough. Like tight is tight, broke is too tight kinda theory putting them in.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Well here's an update. Unhook top pump take belt off noise goes away . install belt back on hook back up knock comes back...unhook Lift pump noise goes away. Idles fine for more than 30 seconds. Reflash ecm to previous stock injector file start truck no noise. Reinstall 100 over tune start truck immediately says reduced power upon key turn starts up pump knocks u hook lift pump truck acts as if it's going to die....tech 2 go command rail nothing happens....clear dtc go command rail 13k is all you can get. At idle rail won't meet desired. Rail plug is tight as a dickens in there with an impact . at this point I'm blaming the controller. I rewired the leads for it on the battery just to say I did. Truck doesn't want to run right acting like it wants to stall and buck with the lift pump on and working now. Reduced engine power every key on. Drives ok otherwise. What else could it be besides this Damn controller ??

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
But he changed the pump and the noise is still there? Hoping it's a different issue and one that doesn't kill high dallor parts. As if:confused:

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Try a different cp3... Even borrow one just to try it.

My fix cost me couple g's

Injectors and pump.