Couple questions

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
At what rpm does a gt4204 lite staging. What will help most with this turbo to decrease drive pressure?? Headers, or some bd manifolds or something eles

Last edited:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
At what rpm does a gt4204 lite staging. What will help most with this turbo to decrease drive pressure?? Headers, or some bd manifolds or something eles

I am in the process of having my tranny build and i need to no what kinda stall converter to go with for this set up. The motor was put back together with stock parts from now. I checked my drive pressure and @ wot i was running 40 pounds of boost to 95 psi of drive pressure does that seem about right?? My goal with the gt42 is to decrease drive pressure to a 1:1 ratio or close to it. And keep a single cp3 on it

11.99 here i come.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
You'd need to hear from someone else with that turbo or someone that knows this stuff well, but i say that seems a little high? I'm stock turbo with stock up-pipes and the BD manifold and @ 32psi boost my drive psi is between 40-45 psi

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I am not sure witch methiod of tuning i am going to use either. I think i will try 25 degress of timing @ WOT and pilot injection off after 2200 rpm

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You should not have too much trouble staging with a GT4202R if you spend some time tuning it. Only in super-thin air (over 8000' DA) does it require a looser converter.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
You should not have too much trouble staging with a GT4202R if you spend some time tuning it. Only in super-thin air (over 8000' DA) does it require a looser converter.

Thats what i wanna here. I was kinda larry rather my single cp3 could get it lite. When i seen this turbo i thought boy this turbo is bigger then pics really show. I wasnt really worryed about it being good for DD u can always drop a gear or 2 to get it lite once u are already going. But if its to laggy i will run twins.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I am in the process of having my tranny build and i need to no what kinda stall converter to go with for this set up. The motor was put back together with stock parts from now. I checked my drive pressure and @ wot i was running 40 pounds of boost to 95 psi of drive pressure does that seem about right?? My goal with the gt42 is to decrease drive pressure to a 1:1 ratio or close to it. And keep a single cp3 on it

11.99 here i come.

What type of setup did you use to check your drive pressure, IMO, 40 - 95 sounds really high, accelerating the drive pressure will be a little higher than boost, but once in 5th gear it should lay down and be a lot closer than 2-1.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
What type of setup did you use to check your drive pressure, IMO, 40 - 95 sounds really high, accelerating the drive pressure will be a little higher than boost, but once in 5th gear it should lay down and be a lot closer than 2-1.

I stuck my boost gauge in the manifold

vortecfcar

No longer a member
Jun 28, 2007
2:1 is what happens when you run a charger out of its efficiency range. 40lbs... on a stock charger :eek:

I'm not surprised.