Coolant Leak

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
For a couple of weeks now I have been smelling coolant under the hood of the truck. Friday I got a low coolant message, and of course when I got to the house I saw the orange "blood" dripping for the underside of the truck. I don't have a lift or know anyone that does, so at best all i can do is roll up under the truck and "try" to find where it's coming from. As of right now I can only find coolant on the drivers side. It seems to be right around the water pump or right behind the water pump. What are my option at this point? I hate to just start replacing parts. Any common things that i should check first? Thanks for the help.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
From what I understand/read is that it's torqued to like 8000000000000000000000000ftbls. But that just a round number. :D

I think that was the same spec they used on my factory oil filter. It was a pain to take off.

Any do's and dont's on how to correctly and carefully take the crank bolt off?

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
I think that was the same spec they used on my factory oil filter. It was a pain to take off.

Any do's and dont's on how to correctly and carefully take the crank bolt off?

I dont have the excat answer to the correct and/or carefully part, however I read that it does require some a** to break loose with a Very long cheater bar. Hopefully someone here will enlighten us both on the subject. :eek: