coolant and oil leak on drivers side of 08 LMM

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
I just put a new xergy 10 mm pump and like new 60% over injectors had 85% over industrial injection pump and 20% over tips from industrial injection. I had no oil or coolant leak prior to installation. I put new gaskets on valve covers and complete front cover. I put new hoses on all areas that had them on top of motor and completely cleaned everything. Now started up and immediately had coolant leak on drivers side of engine i can see coolant running down back side of head next to firewall and after idling or a short drive to get to operating temp i have a bad oil leak on same side as coolant leak. I have replaced all the gaskets on the oil cooler and checked coolant pipe above oil cooler and no leak there now after several short trips around country 4 mile block i have oil in coolant. Mods include: studded grade C head gaskets less than 10000 miles on complete rebuild,72 mm danville turbo ported and polished heads they were cleaned and checked at build. all emissions removed efi live tuned by rob 3" down pipe ppe cast iron exhaust manifolds and larger up pipes 5" straight pipe exhaust. Sorry if i missed something but what do you guys think? I am at my wits end and have run out of options. :confused::confused::confused:

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Your overlooking something stupid. Put dye in the oil and after you find the leak then do it for the coolant. Also do u have your old
Pump and nozzles? I may be interested in them.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
I think its in the turbo. Reason i ran the motor not completely full of coolant just for a couple minutes at a time before i had everything assembled in the front to make sure there wasnt any oil leaks. Could the turbo gotten over heated in just that short of time????

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
took to daves diesel in defiance Ohio gonna let them figure it out hopefully its not too much. I will let everybody on here know what he finds!!!