converter UNLOCK switches!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ok new widget. A converter unlock switch for sled pullers.

"perfect for getting those few extra feet at the end of the pull"

and so you dont stall your engine at the end of the pull. Because engines love being run at 1800* and then shut off right after. :D

Question though, what sort of switch would people like?

A rocker switch, such as this one:

630_1369_E_Rocker%20Switch.jpg

Or a basic toggle switch such as this one:

img.jpg

This is a easy install with color coded wires and everything... :cool:

Ben

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I too am thinking #2 also, or maybe a foot dimmer switch. Not sure just throwing the idea out there. My hands seem busy enough. I am also trying to figure out how I could have my foot ready for that and the brake at the same time. (should something happen)
I am also not sure if I wouldn't bump that too earily during a rough ride by accident.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Switch #2 - toggle switch and make a clip so it mounts to the gear shifter and can be actuated by a simple thumb movement while holding the gear shifter.

That's where I've seen them TAPED :rofl: and work its a good spot. Beats reaching to the dash for switch with everything else going on at the end of the track. It's a lot!

C-ya

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
How about a daystar switch in red, this is going to be sweet. Or some kind of stock rocker switch.

Daystar_Rocker_Switch_Green.jpg

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Is there anyway to over ride the steering wheel controls and use one of the buttons to control TC unlock??

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
When i did my converter unlock switch i used a remote start cable with the momentary switch with 4 ft strech cord , the kind mechanics use for diagnosing . It was way easy to use when sled pulling , just held it in my hand and steered with the other hand and pushed the momentary button at the end of the pull and released once i was stopped worked great , in fact i even used it when towing to unlock the torque converter to get the turbo's going ifi got way lugged down when towing at super high elevation ( 10k ) just unlockit for a few secounds, it would do the trick .

Last edited:

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
I'd prefer a toggle switch, or something large that's easy to flip in a pinch. Is it possible to add a lock up position on the switch so I wouldn't need two separate switches?

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I have parts on the way for them, but im still working on a mount. Ill have something put together by tonight.

Sorry guys ive just kinda been delayed because my truck is taken apart right now (building my own twins with an S480)

ben

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Once this is done, would you still have to shut the truck off and reset the codes to have reverse?