Congrats Camo Max!

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
agree 100%

There is a danville built 05 lly reg cab with one of there top of the line 2.6 vvt turbos and 12.4 is the best he can run with socal stage 2 heads, duel cp3s and 60% over injectors, 4.10 gears and he dynoed over 700 horsepower in Nov on there dyno and to me he should be a solid 11.5 second truck and I have told him and told to try some one else to see if can see some improvement but he is hung on danville so more power to him

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
There is a danville built 05 lly reg cab with one of there top of the line 2.6 vvt turbos and 12.4 is the best he can run with socal stage 2 heads, duel cp3s and 60% over injectors, 4.10 gears and he dynoed over 700 horsepower in Nov on there dyno and to me he should be a solid 11.5 second truck and I have told him and told to try some one else to see if can see some improvement but he is hung on danville so more power to him

Alot of other variables to the equation, What size Tires? Regardless 4.10's can't be helping him in the 1/4, something else is wrong besides the turbo from the sounds of it....

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Alot of other variables to the equation, What size Tires? Regardless 4.10's can't be helping him in the 1/4, something else is wrong besides the turbo from the sounds of it....

Totally agree ! There are no smoke and mirrors on Matt's motor . It's just a damn good and now proven combination . He commented all weekend in Fl. how good the motor felt and it proved itself on the dyno. I personally think if he was to dyno elsewhere we would see on average around the same number , give or take.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
We dont race dynos anyways! Matts truck proves its self on the track time and time again. Im sure when he goes back to the track the times and mph will be very close to his dyno numbers. Either way you cant denie his truck runs extremely well for a 2.6 charger! There are things called dyno tunes, Matts truck doesnt have one as you can tell by how he ran in Florida!

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
285's are good for 3.73's but far from ideal with 4.10's IMO and the BFG's are not helping much either. Like I said more to the story then the turbo being the culprit of his less then steller 1/4 mile times..

^^^^^Agreed , and i don't want to come off the wrong way , but the driver plays a big role in it aswell:thumb:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
^^^^^Agreed , and i don't want to come off the wrong way , but the driver plays a big role in it aswell:thumb:

How hard is it to hold the brakes build boost to 12 to 15 lbs and wait for a light to turn green and floor it. all jokes aside he bought this truck brand new in 05 and it has been a sled puller since then he pulls 2 to 3 times a week somewere in ky or tn, he does like to race from time to time he just cant any numbers at the race track and it just bugs the hell out of him to have spent over 10 grand in mods and cant even run 11's

Any overview of matt's engine combo?

Started with a block that had been through a fire.
Got a deal for some Howards rods;)
Some new mahle pistons worked on to lessen weight.
worked on the cooling ports for the possible high egts. (They were very good)
deliped and valve reliefs were cut

Dts custom cam ground for Matt and the superstock race
Heads ported by Dts CNC. (studs)
Stock main caps per Matt. (studs)
Decked the block to bring the pistons out alot then the pistons were cut to raise the compression.
Dts valve springs
Dts oil pump
Dts oil squirters
Dts injectors
Clevite HX berrings
Balanced
Ati dampener

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
How hard is it to hold the brakes build boost to 12 to 15 lbs and wait for a light to turn green and floor it. all jokes aside he bought this truck brand new in 05 and it has been a sled puller since then he pulls 2 to 3 times a week somewere in ky or tn, he does like to race from time to time he just cant any numbers at the race track and it just bugs the hell out of him to have spent over 10 grand in mods and cant even run 11's
Its not hard
You anwsered your own question:)

Truck setup for sled pulling = less than desirable et's
:thumb:
Driver setup for sled pulling = less than desirable et's

What kinda cam, what kinda converter, what kinda tune ???

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Its not hard
You anwsered your own question:)

Truck setup for sled pulling = less than desirable et's
:thumb:
Driver setup for sled pulling = less than desirable et's

What kinda cam, what kinda converter, what kinda tune ???

x2 when we were drag racing my truck 2 years ago we changed the set up of the truck just to take it drag racing. And had to tweak the sled pulling tune for drag racing too.

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN

We ran a similar set up on my truck back when it was stock bottom end. one of Mark's stage 2 65mm VVT, 60% nozzles, dual cp3's, 4.10 gears. Race weight was 6800 pounds and that was with Mark doing the driving. Best time we ran was an 11.93 @ 113mph. Mark's got the time slip. Truck dyno'd on his dyno at 635rwhp on his dyno. Forgive me but I can't remember the torque reading off the top of my head.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Started with a block that had been through a fire.
Got a deal for some Howards rods;)
Some new mahle pistons worked on to lessen weight.
worked on the cooling ports for the possible high egts. (They were very good)
deliped and valve reliefs were cut

Dts custom cam ground for Matt and the superstock race
Heads ported by Dts CNC. (studs)
Stock main caps per Matt. (studs)
Decked the block to bring the pistons out alot then the pistons were cut to raise the compression.
Dts valve springs
Dts oil pump
Dts oil squirters
Dts injectors
Clevite HX berrings
Balanced
Ati dampener

Ummmmm a block that had been through a fire I may know were that block come from lol