Congrats Brett Deutsch on the ProStreet Win and new National ET record!!!

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I'm glad I made it to see this. I have videos of all his runs down here including the last one. Very cool.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Congrats Brett and team. Been waiting a couple of years to see this. Knew it would happen.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Thanks guys and girls!!! I could not have done it without my Dad and sponsors. We had an electrical problem ever since I put the motor back together and in the truck a couple weeks ago. The engine would only start about once every ten times. I was getting a cam crank correlation code. We checked all the wires and powers and grounds. No one had any sensors around me so we loaded the truck up and headed for Texas. We stopped at a dealer in Missouri. Got to the track Friday afternoon and put new cam and crank sensors in the truck and it didn't help. Now the truck would not start at all. We cut the wire harness apart and ran new wires to the cam and crank sensors, still no luck. I had scope with me so I scoped the sensors out and the cam sen was no putting out a signal. I looked at the reluctor wheel and it looked to be OK the best I could tell looking threw the little hole. We put some grease on the end of the cam sensor and it didn't hit the reluctor wheel. Some how the tooth on the wheel had gotten bent back into the cam gear. We didn't want to break the tooth off so instead of bending the tooth we sanded the sensor base down so it would sit deeper into the hole. We cranked it over and it fired right up. We thought all was good but now I didn't have a tach signal. The trans will not shift without a tach signal so I was going to have to manually shift it with no tach or shift light. After pulling all the wiring apart again we found if you held the c1 plug on the ecm to the side the tach would work. We took some pull ties and used them to pull the plug sideways and the tach worked. At this point it was about 2am Saturday morning. We drove right down the street to our hotel and check in. We to up to our room and there are already people sleeping in the room. Go to the front desk and she says sorry we sold your room because we didn't think you were coming. We are all sold out and have no more rooms left, but our other hotel 30 miles down the road has rooms left. We get to that hotel and sleep for about an hour and get back to the track because I had a photo shoot at 8am. I go to start the truck and #7 inj is dead. We ohm it out at the ficm and it was good. So once again we start playing with the plugs and found are problem. At that point it was time for qualifying. The rest of the day could have not gone better.

Thanks to my dad for being by my side no matter what.
Thanks to Danville Performance for all the help along the way. Mark next day me a ECM with all my tuning already loaded onto it so I could rule that out of my problems. I call Mark and Matt (Danville's eng builder) at all times of the night and morning and they always answer and do everything they can to help.
HSP Diesel for fab work that I have never seen anyone come close too. Joe and Dave are great guys to work with. They listened to what I wanted with the kit and came up with thing I would have never thought to do and molded pipes together to give me the most room possible. After everything was all installed on the truck I realized I needed wastegates. Joe came in and worked all weekend fabing up wastegates so I could make it to the race.

Wagler Competition. Jeremy's heads are fairly new a d it the beginning we had some issues mostly with the copper head gasket we were trying to use. I went threw 3 sets of copper gaskets and after one pass the motor would pressurize the coolant system. Instead of giving up I would add more water and make another pass. Well I got the heads so hot it worped them and melted valves. Jeremy worked over night a couple times to get me new heads or fix my heads. We finally just went back to the grade c gasket and it with Jeremy's new heads have been working great.
Bullseye Power for the great turbo's. I have not got the pleasure to personally meet David or any of the guys from Bullseye but if Mark thinks so highly of there turbo's and support then I'm on board with using them.
BTS unfortunately I am no longer using the 4r100 transmission. But I still think very highly of Brian and his transmissions. I just could not get a converter to live.

Sorry so long guys but I'm in the car on the way home and have nothing better to do.

Thanks again guys and wish us luck at Rudy's.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Congrats Brett and team. Been waiting a couple of years to see this. Knew it would happen.

Thanks Mike!! I was looking forward to meeting you. I talked with Guy for a long time and he said you were not going to make it. I hope you are feeling better!

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I also need to thank JoshH for finding me a ficm, and thanks to his buddy (sorry I didn't get your name or I forgot it) for going to your house and pulling it off you truck.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
:thumb:, you've definitely come a long way from running a stock motor. Congrats, you deserve it. :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I also need to thank JoshH for finding me a ficm, and thanks to his buddy (sorry I didn't get your name or I forgot it) for going to your house and pulling it off you truck.

You're welcome, Brett. It was Allen, Al's Dmax on here, that brought the FICM. I was excited to see you win.

Al's max

Jul 29, 2014
Texas

Your more than welcome, was really nice to meet y'all in person and see the truck. Keep tearing that track up!!