computar crash help!!!!!!!!

prorida

Aug 3, 2007
Hey guys and gals,

So i bought an external hard drive, saved all my tunes, pics, songs, etc. and then crashed my computer, i reinstalled efilive, and now when i open up a tune that i saved i get this message

Athorization has been sent to demo. i need to re enter all my crap in the register efilive menu. I put in my key code and serial number but it still give me that error every time i try to open up a tune.

help, it's starting to snow. and i still have one of chris's hot tunes in. I'm gonna kill myself, if i can't get a tame tune back in it.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
if you plug in the flash scan then open the tuning software it should fix that problem. also have to make sure all the info is correct. the version. serial number and the date if you try to do it manually

prorida

Aug 3, 2007
if you plug in the flash scan then open the tuning software it should fix that problem. also have to make sure all the info is correct. the version. serial number and the date if you try to do it manually

tryed it, but i don't know the date.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
well, theres only 365 days in a year.... start at january and work your way down lol
I thought that just hookin up the flash scan would get it out of demo mode. I guess not. sorry

prorida

Aug 3, 2007
When you plug the cable in, it should kick on the FOUND NEW HARDWARE.

They changed the installer on the new version. Do you have download version off the EFILive.com website, or the disc version?

well i bought it from you, so i got a disk, so i need to go download the updated version?

mxracer

Nov 15, 2008
Lincolnton, NC
I'd bet you have at least one of the pieces of information incorrect.

I just bought a new laptop and moved EFILive from one to the other and it is fine with the correct info. Install EFIlive, put in correct reg info and it all works.

You need the serial, key AND issue date to be correct.

Do you still have the box and registration card that it came with?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
well i bought it from you, so i got a disk, so i need to go download the updated version?

If you loaded the disc version, use the driver that is on the CD. When you plug in the V2, it should go DING and window pops up FOUND NEW HARDWARE. Then pick the option that is find the driver yourself, then point it at the drivers directory on the CD.

I have never had to type in a date to get EFILive to work or a registration number.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
If you loaded the disc version, use the driver that is on the CD. When you plug in the V2, it should go DING and window pops up FOUND NEW HARDWARE. Then pick the option that is find the driver yourself, then point it at the drivers directory on the CD.

I have never had to type in a date to get EFILive to work or a registration number.

Every time I upgrade i have to retype all my info in date serial # ect ect

if its just one number off it wont register and will be stuck in demo mode. You can however use it when the v2 is plugged in.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Every time I upgrade i have to retype all my info in date serial # ect ect

if its just one number off it wont register and will be stuck in demo mode. You can however use it when the v2 is plugged in.

I guess I should type in the numbers someday. I've always just plugged in the cable.

To determine if your issue is a driver issue or registration details issue, plug in FlashScan - if you are no longer set to demo mode, it's rego details, if you are still in demo it's driver issues and rego issues.

Unless you purchased you EFILive from Pat after November 23rd 2008, you need to download and install the latest software.

The installer package now contains Microsoft Certification for drivers so they are detected and "auto install" after you download and install the software then reboot with FlashScan connected. This process eliminates 99% of the historical problems associated with drivers since it's inclusion around 6 months ago. Rather than fluff around trying to get drivers to work on older versions of software, you should really update.

Cheers
Cindy

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I tried to help prorida last night over the phone, but while in EFILive Explorer, he could not get the "program" button to highlight when attempting to program firmware and bootblock...

Any suggestions?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
he prob needs to do the other firm ware and boot block updates first i belive thts the problem then the last one or wht ever can be done in 8.1