Compact twin kit

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Dont try this at home kids! Thats a 25' Gooseneck and about a 9000# JD skidsteer, I hooked up to on Sunday.

Attachments

• Loaded_Test_Drive_crop.jpg
    Loaded_Test_Drive_crop.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 244

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
This twin setup is unlike ANYTHING out there on the duramax right now, for many reasons:

The pedistal is rotated to allow minimal hotpipe length
The primary charger is literally on top of the valve cover, not off to the side
The charge air flow is reversed and fed into the left side via a custom bridge

I am really interested in trying this design on an LBZ/LMM.

Nice work guys!

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
This twin setup is unlike ANYTHING out there on the duramax right now, for many reasons:

The pedistal is rotated to allow minimal hotpipe length
The primary charger is literally on top of the valve cover, not off to the side
The charge air flow is reversed and fed into the left side via a custom bridge

I am really interested in trying this design on an LBZ/LMM.

Nice work guys!

Thanks Tim! Your spot on, it really goes together much like a large single turbo, but offers better clearance for the downpipe, nice intake flow, and room for a higher flowing intake bridge. Best part is, with less custom made piping or expensive CNC mandrel bent tubing, hopefully we will be able to keep the pricing very very reasonable. In addition to all of that, they will be very configurable! We can go big or small on the setup.

Caleb

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess I'm not the only one who thought a Cummins turbo turned sideways would work well for a really compact twin setup. I'm glad to see someone actually did it.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
i have a billet 66 and batmo 480 what woud it take to make this kit work for me and how much $$

In all reality, the only parts of your turbos that would be useable would be the carts. The CCTS uses two custom turbine housings and compreessor covers. As far as price, we have not made it that far. We still need to hammer out production details before we can start putting a $$$ figure on it.

Caleb

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
Hey Caleb I was wondering if you could tell us some more about this setup and how it has been running. I would love to hear more about it and its mannerisms. Also I was wondering if you could get any kind of exhaust braking effects without a vnt.

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
I Like the idea of it being something you can do in a weekend without having to drastically chnge and relocate a bunch of stuff. really interested like the rest what the $$ range will be.

Well Done :thumb:

Got me all kinds of excited for this :happy2:

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Other than just driving it, havnt really done much else to it.

I did install a CTS insight monitor with EAS Boost. On my DD tune, level 3, I only see 35 PSI and 1100* at WOT. The Max effort tune sees 52 PSI and 1300* at WOT. Overall Driveability is great, the more I drive it, the better it gets.

We are hoping to get some dyno time in, and make a few passes at the track before TS. So hopefully Ill have some more feedback soon.

I dont expect to really get to dig back into the project until mid summer or so. Just to much going on around the shop...

Caleb