Coilovers!!

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I always think about it after posting but now I realize not everyone has access to a full metal fab shop and is a certified welder with a degree in fabrication :D

I was basing off experience from a similar job.

To clean up the frame and finish filling in the puny welds they have on there from the factory would be very simple for a competent welder though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I always think about it after posting but now I realize not everyone has access to a full metal fab shop and is a certified welder with a degree in fabrication :D

I was basing off experience from a similar job.

To clean up the frame and finish filling in the puny welds they have on there from the factory would be very simple for a competent welder though.

absolutely :D :hug:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
So a guy could buy the QA1's and run w/o a spring? That way I'd still have the rebound adjustment and then throw some springs in when I'm able?? I was going to buy Rancho's and then worry about coilover's some other year but would this save some $.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
So a guy could buy the QA1's and run w/o a spring? That way I'd still have the rebound adjustment and then throw some springs in when I'm able?? I was going to buy Rancho's and then worry about coilover's some other year but would this save some $.

If you want to save more money, buy Viking double adjustable coilover shocks. There made buy QA1, same quality and made in the same factory in Lakeville Mn!

View attachment 36421

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

If you size them correctly, yes you could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
This are Viking C209 shocks with Eibach 900# springs. I wanted 800# but they are extremely hard to find used. The C209 shock is a bearing bushing. It was recommended as the bearings are easy to replace. pull a C clip drop bearing install new and reinstall C clip and Viking is local to me about an hour drive.

I say I have $425 into my setup and I already had the top shock mounts from my old truck lift.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
This are Viking C209 shocks with Eibach 900# springs. I wanted 800# but they are extremely hard to find used. The C209 shock is a bearing bushing. It was recommended as the bearings are easy to replace. pull a C clip drop bearing install new and reinstall C clip and Viking is local to me about an hour drive.

I say I have $425 into my setup and I already had the top shock mounts from my old truck lift.

Awesome man can't wait to see them in the truck