Coilovers!!

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
With your 6" front drop in your signature what else did you use other than the coil overs? Any one ever run these shocks without springs and with the torsion bars?

I have drop spindles. Why would someone want to run an expensive coilover with no spring? You could just buy a comparable shock if you want to keep the torsion bars.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have drop spindles. Why would someone want to run an expensive coilover with no spring? You could just buy a comparable shock if you want to keep the torsion bars.

The way the valving works on the Rancho's, adjustment only on the compression side, the rebound is too loose. The QA1 shocks have both compression and rebound adjusment but not heavy enough for a daily driver 2500HD truck from what I have read

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
The way the valving works on the Rancho's, adjustment only on the compression side, the rebound is too loose. The QA1 shocks have both compression and rebound adjusment but not heavy enough for a daily driver 2500HD truck from what I have read

I ran QA1's on my truck for 60K miles and they still worked perfectly. I'm sure you can find something that would suit you, without having to go to a coilover minus the spring.

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
The way the valving works on the Rancho's, adjustment only on the compression side, the rebound is too loose. Before I installed the rears I worked them up down on the 1 and 9 setting, no change on the rebound that I could tell...

The info material states that the valve controls both circuits. I'm not sure how well it works on the rebound circuit though. Even with playing with the knob, when my truck unloaded, the rebound feels loose as can be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-04-11-08-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-11-08-14.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 34

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The rebound is firmed up when the rancho knob is turned up as well compression. It's just not near as much as compression for street comfort. They are also made for more vehicles than one as well as more situations that one. due to this, our heavy springs make it seems like there is no rebound.

It's like buying an edge juice box vs a custom tune for efi live from someone one ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well, driver side and passenger side jounce frame mounts are cut to make more room for the coils, split the spindles from the UCA, mocked everything up, upper adapters will be here tomorrow and will have the truck back on the ground hopefully. Gotta preload the springs and set the compression/rebound and go give it a test launch. Being able to control the rebound is going to help a lot.
If all goes well, bringing the trailer home and taking it to the track Friday night.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well, driver side and passenger side jounce frame mounts are cut to make more room for the coils, split the spindles from the UCA, mocked everything up, upper adapters will be here tomorrow and will have the truck back on the ground hopefully. Gotta preload the springs and set the compression/rebound and go give it a test launch. Being able to control the rebound is going to help a lot.
If all goes well, bringing the trailer home and taking it to the track Friday night.

Awesome! Can't wait to see how they fit and perform.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Glad to see you're doing this to your pickup Brian.:thumb: One step closer to custom!!:D
I'm sure you're sick of James opening his whorish mouth about it!!!:roflmao:

Yellowchevy

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Glad to see you're doing this to your pickup Brian.:thumb: One step closer to custom!!:D
I'm sure you're sick of James opening his whorish mouth about it!!!:roflmao:

Yellowchevy

hey you both like my whorish mouth! :rofl:

Unfortunately install is easy, dialing in is what takes time.

true for most but with where i want him to start with the shock settings from watching some of the fastest trucks around launch, i think hes gunna be close. its certainly going to stop front end lift his first time out :D

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
hey you both like my whorish mouth! :rofl:

true for most but with where i want him to start with the shock settings from watching some of the fastest trucks around launch, i think hes gunna be close. its certainly going to stop front end lift his first time out :D

Gee whiz a James, tell us more about your whorish mouth:D