Code P1083

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I had a guy pull up and said he splashed a water hole in the road because we have had a alot of rain here in the midwest and his truck is running funny and my book wont show what this code is do yall have any ideas

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Kat that was a P1093 and im like you I could not find that code anywere I looked on here and ppe's code book but a guy told me to today it was low fuel so I dont have a clue it was a new one on me

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Kat that was a P1093 and im like you I could not find that code anywere I looked on here and ppe's code book but a guy told me to today it was low fuel so I dont have a clue it was a new one on me

What year truck? How old is the fuel filter? Running a big tune? If it running a big tune and is a LLY will need a shim mod:thumb: Lots of info on 1093's here.

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
Low fuel, Shim mod Question

Shim stops the low fuel read when tune chip is turned up? or does it help make more power? I used to have the low fuel error when truck & chip were new. But a GM mechanic took us for a ride & uploaded s/w & tickled the chip. It has never happened again.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
It is a 05 LLY I had him to crank the truck and I un screwed the water sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter just to see if any water would drip out and when I unscrewed it just enough were it would leak a little water the motor died like you unhooked the battery cables and it took me 15 min to ever get to crank back and he is a running a edge evolution he has some fuel problems

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If it is on a small tune then I would change the fuel filter. And opening the WIF drain with it running would cause a stall as the fuel supply runs under vacuum with it running. If the filter is fresh, then do the FPRV shim mod.

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
First off its a low fuel rail pressure code. Either the FPRV is getting weak or hes running too much pulswidth in the tune and draining the rail. He can shim and add a lift pump to help the situation if he doesnt want to cut the pulswidth.