Classic Prices-WTH???

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Got sick of the dogshit trans shift strategy, lack of tuning availability and uncomfortable seats in my ‘20 L8T gasser so sold it today. Looking to get back into an LBZ but my god do people want a lot of money for rusted junk up here.

Is this the norm down south there these days also? Might have to import something if I can’t find anything decent up here.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm afraid you're going to have to look outside your normal search area for anything decent. prices are high just about everywhere due to the shortages

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don’t mind paying a little more and driving farther for a rust free truck not dented and scratched to hell but man you should see what they want for stuff around here. Insane.

660catman

May 18, 2021
Back in March / April I looked all over western Canada for any 06 and newer Duramax. Prices were crazy back then too. I ended up buying a completely stock 2013 locally but I paid for it. 138k kilometres on it. Paid 40k for it but I did get 22k for my 13 Silverado CC gas with 204k on it.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Used vehicles are in huge demand right now in Canada and the US. If you can find what you want expect to pay. Ive heard of numerous people say they sold their truck they bought over 5 years ago and put 100k+ on it for more than they payed. You can thank the covid bs for that.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Just bought a 2022 sierra with the L8T and this thread is not what I wanted to hear lol.
OP I hope you like road trips- I've bought 3 trucks since the 4th of July and the closest one was 600 miles away in Pennsylvania. The others were 1300 miles 1 way from Texas and 1600 miles round trip to Chicago.
Point being, you're gonna have to drive for a deal like that low mile LBZ

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you are ok with an LLY this guy seems to be keen on dumping his rig

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Just bought a 2022 sierra with the L8T and this thread is not what I wanted to hear lol.
OP I hope you like road trips- I've bought 3 trucks since the 4th of July and the closest one was 600 miles away in Pennsylvania. The others were 1300 miles 1 way from Texas and 1600 miles round trip to Chicago.
Point being, you're gonna have to drive for a deal like that low mile LBZ
The truck did its job ok, towed good, lots of fancy handy bells and whistles, but they just don’t have the quality they used to and not having any tuning options at all to tweak the little things that irritated me drove me up the wall. And the seats are awful imo. After dropping it off in another city with a guy I borrowed my bosses ‘17 Denali 1/2 ton to get home and the seats were soooo much more comfortable. I put 30k miles on it and sold it for 3k less than the window sticker that was on it at the dealer in 3 hrs so I’m not sad about that.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
if you are ok with an LLY this guy seems to be keen on dumping his rig

I want to keep with a 6 speed but thanks.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Clean but crazy price
Already has a deposit in it. I missed it by 10 min. I got next if buddy can’t get the financing together.

Has rebuilt status cuz it was stolen and they wrote it off as they couldn’t find it for a long time. Insurance finally found it and had minimal damage I guess. It’s clean AF.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Just find another 16 and do what makes you happy to it again.
Naw. Didn’t really like that truck or the price they are going for now. Or the finger crossing that the TCM doesn’t brick every time you flash it lol.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Already has a deposit in it. I missed it by 10 min. I got next if buddy can’t get the financing together.

Has rebuilt status cuz it was stolen and they wrote it off as they couldn’t find it for a long time. Insurance finally found it and had minimal damage I guess. It’s clean AF.
Well dammit, I should have posted it when I found it earlier this morning! Oh well hope it ends up working out.

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
No different here in Ohio. I get calls and letters wanting to buy my 2011 for what I paid for it in 2015. Cant replace it for that so no go but yea I get it. Its stupid what people are asking. Tried to order a new enclosed trailer for work that is custom spec'ed and every manufacturer Ive talked to has said they are 52-84 weeks out on building one and can not lock in a price until they get to your order. Guess thats what this country gets for electing a dumbass.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Buy an lly for much cheaper, put a six speed kit in it. Done and done
And do head gaskets every 100 000 miles. Naw I’m good. Not many low km lly’s left out there. At least not up in this country.
I got tons of tuning for lbz stuff and suck at tuning lly’s for some reason too lol.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Also last time I looked into it I didn’t think the average Joe could do trans tuning with the conversion either unless it was built after July 05 and those are rare. But it’s been awhile since I went down that rabbit hole so so don’t remember everything about doing one. I do know Duramaxtuner sells it at the low low price of $2500 CDN lol. Plus another $500 for tap shift.

Last edited:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Also last time I looked into it I didn’t think the average Joe could do trans tuning with the conversion either unless it was built after July 05 and those are rare. But it’s been awhile since I went down that rabbit hole so so don’t remember everything about doing one. I do know Duramaxtuner sells it at the low low price of $2500 CDN lol.
I'm saying money ahead on versus lbz. Head gaskets are and done on a lly... You can run into the occasional lly head crack.... No biggie replace with lbz/lmm heads. I don't know why you'd suggest you would do them every 100k. Buy the truck, drive it till you do the gaskets and stud the engine. Only tcm tuning needed to be done is shift points, and possibly lock up strategy which should easily be done. Plus do what they are told via efi live, and with head gaskets and 6 speed you'd be money ahead vs over paying on lbz.. which some models are still prone to gasket failures and then you have a higher probability of cracking a piston or snapping a crank. When you say lbz, I'm thinking you'll be spending 30k for what you want.
Buy a lly for 15-20 in mint condition, mod it to your likings