Chrome book & EFI Live

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Hey Guys i broke my lap top and replaced it with a Chrome book, I did not realize it was an all new operating system. Is there an app that will let it run EFI Live or do I need to shop for another new lap top?

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
It uses a Linux kernel. I don't believe anyone has successfully installed it on a Chromebook. Their also doesn't appear to be a whole lot of support for efi live on Linux based operating systems. Your best bet is you get a laptop with windows 7.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks Bac I will have to check that out. At this point all I really need it to do is load tunes from my email to my V-2. I was going to try and do some data logging with the new mods for Kory to wight me new tunes bet the truck is still pretty generic so I will just send him the new info.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I am not very computer savvy so I will take the info Bac gave me the info from EFI Live and my Chrome book and find me a geek
Hope it can be made to work if not I will just have to get another lap top.
Thanks again Bac.:thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I am not very computer savvy so I will take the info Bac gave me the info from EFI Live and my Chrome book and find me a geek
Hope it can be made to work if not I will just have to get another lap top.
Thanks again Bac.:thumb:

I am far from computer savvy, too....but my son is. :) Im learning that he knows quite a bit about running different programs on different operating systems.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
You can use a sd card reader and just put the tune in the tune folder of the sd card. Then just pop the sd card back into the v2 and load the tune with it. No laptop needs to be connected just to load or read a tune. You can log with the v2 only also.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
You can use a sd card reader and just put the tune in the tune folder of the sd card. Then just pop the sd card back into the v2 and load the tune with it. No laptop needs to be connected just to load or read a tune. You can log with the v2 only also.
Would it work then to just down load the tune from my smart phone to an SD and put my phones SD in the adapter and slide it into the V2?????

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
While I'm a fan of open source operating systems, if I were you, I would not risk it.

EFILive does not require a powerful notebook. Just find an El Cheapo, perhaps used, with Windows 7 on it. I'm still not a fan of Win 8.0/8.1, as I've been running into issues with it.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
While I'm a fan of open source operating systems, if I were you, I would not risk it.

EFILive does not require a powerful notebook. Just find an El Cheapo, perhaps used, with Windows 7 on it. I'm still not a fan of Win 8.0/8.1, as I've been running into issues with it.

Ah crap that is a warning for someone I can't ignore! Thank you I would hate to have to replace an ECM I will just get myself a new laptop and dedicate it to EFI Live.:thumb: