Check my EFI files please!

KBDP

Jan 28, 2016
Hey guys, I've never dug too deep info EFI Live until now.

1. Would any of you be so kind to take a look at the programs I wrote?

I did some studying, used the V3 calculator and the formula rpms X Us X .000006 = Crank°.

On the hottest tune (DSP#4 or switch pos#5) I came up with:
3250rpm x 1905.6Us x .000006 =37.16°

I assume the above is safe, based on Gale Banks stating he won't keep an injector open longer than 40°.

2. What do you think? I don't want to wash the cylinder walls or destroy the pistons.

FYI the truck is a stock 04 LLY CCLB 3500 DRW with ZF6
Upcoming plans include a 68mm, 3" intercooler tubes, manifolds & up pipes.

Thanks in advance for any input!
View attachment Korys ZF6 LLY E60 Updated Speedo.ctz

Attachments

• Korys ZF6 LLY E60 Updated Speedo.ctz
    443.3 KB · Views: 19

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
Took a quick glance, some places to start.

1. You need to fix all you DSP Desired Boost tables. You're demanding less than baro. You won't build any boost.

2. Your main question was about timing. It looks ok, IMHO I wouldn't run any more timing in the cruise areas but its not bad.

3. You made alot of changes to your Base Tq and TLIQ tables... This may cause alot of shifting issues, maybe not initially. The trans relies on that info quite heavily.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Took a quick glance, some places to start.

1. You need to fix all you DSP Desired Boost tables. You're demanding less than baro. You won't build any boost.

2. Your main question was about timing. It looks ok, IMHO I wouldn't run any more timing in the cruise areas but its not bad.

3. You made alot of changes to your Base Tq and TLIQ tables... This may cause alot of shifting issues, maybe not initially. The trans relies on that info quite heavily.

Zf6 kinda kills out #3, josh lol

KBDP

Jan 28, 2016
1. Thank you for catching this! I copied the base boost table from B2203 and edited, but didn't notice the DSP boost tables are kPa, not PSI.

2. Yes, timing is the biggest question. I'll take a look and back off in the cruise areas. I was kinda aggressive in the low end thinking it may help spool a 68mm.

3. I don't remember what changes I made exactly..its been a whole week..but I figured the torque tables wouldn't get used since its a ZF6 but either way I'm hoping to avoid any possibility of torque limiting.

Quick breakdown of tunes:
Fuel / Timing
1. B0720,B0721 Stock, B0910 (OE table Base C copied to A&B)
2. B0720,B0721 +20%, 55/45% + Turbo Brake
3. B0720,B0721 +20%, 45/55% + Turbo Brake
4. B0720,B0721 +40%, 45/55%
5. B0720,B0721 +60%, 45/55%

At the top end of the MM3/RPMs I tried to get the injection event to 50%+ timing to prevent cylinder/cup wash.

I didn't make any changes to:
B1001 Fuel Pressure Base
B0929 Injection Timing After Pilot Base

Thank you again for any insight!

Last edited:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
2. Yes, timing is the biggest question. I'll take a look and back off in the cruise areas. I was kinda aggressive in the low end thinking it may help spool a 68mm.

The lower the timing, the better the spool up (Think about the heat ATDC which spins the turbine, creating boost). Lower timing hurts mpg though.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
IMO you kind of cover a lot of ground if this is one of your first tunes. I would advise on starting in one area at a time so your not chasing your tail with issues. I learned by nailing down boost and timing then moved into adding fuel. Not that you have added very much fuel yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KBDP

Jan 28, 2016
Rob - Thank you for the info, I had it backwards.
I would've just bought the tunes off you like I did on my LBZ if that was still an option. Its unfortunate what the gov is doing to our industry.

Dozerboy- good advice, if I had it a few weeks ago!

Hopefully I'll have the changes done and load the tunes on the truck this weekend. Work makes it hard to find time to play.

KBDP

Jan 28, 2016
Hey guys whats your 0.02 about these tables?
This is for the #5 Hot tune: B0720,B0721 +60%, 45/55% but I used the same shape on all timing tables with slight % changes and lower maximum timing.

With exception to the stock tune which uses the stock "C" table.

#5  Timing.PNG
% Timing.PNG

2. Should I edit the vane position to reduce drive pressure on the top end or is the stock table fairly good?

Attachments

• #5  Timing.PNG
    #5 Timing.PNG
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
  • % Timing.PNG
    % Timing.PNG
    94.1 KB · Views: 36

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Do some searching tons of old post covering tuning. Look at some of the tunes that have been posted on here. Next log,log, and log, some more. So you can learn what parts of the tables are active during what driving conditions.

I suggest you try and contribute something to this website. So far all of your posts have been you asking us to teach you how to tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk