Car insurance - snapshot!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Makes me want to call progressive and get it and then turn it in and be all excited about how cheap my insurance is going to be :roflmao:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
"Sir our record shows your vehicle has reached speeds in excess of 130mph several times each day for the past month."

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
A guy I work with has it in his corrolla. If you accelerate too hard or brake to hard it beeps at you. Every time it beeps it takes a "snapshot" of the info it received.

Just another way the NSA is keeping tabs on the sheeple of this world.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I almost want to try it just to see what they would say

Or take it to the track :roflmao:

Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Funny thing is, I live about 5 miles from that massive NSA center they just built out here in salt lake. I'm right under there radar!

What a waste of utilities. Has its own power station and uses 8 million gallons of water a day to cool the computer systems that keep exploding.

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
I have one in my truck... lol.

The insurance guy said it won't hurt your rates, it can only help. So I said why not and asked for one. Apparently they didn't it when I demanded and OBDII splitter so I can still run my edge Insite :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
State farm work with onstar to do this too.They asked me to join as they
Record everything.Makes your rates go up or down.depends how you drive they said .I laughed so hard and said no THANKS:roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I almost got one to put in my truck, problem is I don't drive it enough. My agent said it would t help me any unless it saw quite a bit of driving within the 30 days

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I have no doubt that the day will come these will be mandatory if you want insurance. would not surprise me a bit.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Does it know its in YOUR vehicle, I'd like to take one out of a buddies car if they had it and terrorize the streets and then put it back:roflmao:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Think OnStar, remember what it does and has. When the airbag deploys the event data recorder saves all critical systems in the vehicle for some where around 30 seconds prior. OnStar being wireless and under FCC law they are required to answer OnStar when you hit the emergency button, so it is always on. Same when you have a mobile phone and no carrier. If it can send a signal they are required by law to send the 911 call.

Who is to say OnStar does not receive/retrieve the event data recorder information upon airbag deployment without your knowledge and have it used by law enforcement in court against you?

Even myself at 50 along with my two oldest and one younger brothers would never qualify for this thing. My last ticket the officer was so kind as to not take me to jail. I told my wife this diesel truck would slow me down, NOT....