cant read balance rates with any scanner lb7

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Hey guys i have a 01 lb7 here & when i try to read balance rates they all are 0.. tried with my v2 and snap on solus will read everything else just fine. any ideas on why it wont read them would be great, truck is smoking black at idle and has a bad fuel knock.. thanks guys

Last edited:

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
I am planning on doing all 8 injectors as it has to be a injector? But wanted to know if anyone has ran into this

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Ok i never tried in drive, also i tried checking the rates on this truck a couple months ago and was the same way.. we just didnt worry about it then:roflmao: it idles ok, no other symptoms so im assuming injector is sticking, thanks for the help guys

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If it idles too rough it won't display the rates

If it is outside the desired current to maintain fuel pressure, or if the fuel rate drops below 0 the ECM will default to 0 and run rough. Had this happen on one before. Putting it in drive will put enough load on it to see an actual fuel rate and then will display balance rates.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
well it must have been the injectors causing it not to read, as I put all new injectors in and runs great and can read the balance rates.. so there must have been a issue with the injectors for awhile as I tried to read them awhile ago when it was running fine.. heres a vid of the truck with the stuck injector thanks guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJixZj6I4uk

Last edited: