Cant do a burnout

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I tried once before I had the built trans to finish off the old meats before I replaced them and the truck would just fall on it's face when it shifts. I tried again a couple days Ago just for shots n giggles to see if it could do it and same issues again. I run duramax tuner max effort stuff.

stealthy_max

Jan 10, 2015
Midwest
It's defueling.

Built LB7, Fingers OB Pistons, Carrillo's, EP AF Stg2 Cam, Exergy 250's, SD 2.5 Charger, Wagler Street Intake...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Are the tunes for a built trans???
When I ran DT tunes, I never had that issue, but it was built trans tuning...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Cuz I believe stock trans tuning will defuel a bunch more than built trans tunes...

Maybe you're not using your man pedal right:rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Joe, you probably don't hammer on it very much in 1st gear letting it shift to second. So the learn for 1st to 2nd isn't quite there for wot.

I would suggest you quit trying it though. 37s will hurt shit in the Trans when you keep trying to do it.

Jason, Trans tuning has nothing to do with it

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Oh yeah, I know it's a very bad idea.....I never do them. I'm just curious why? I replaced my tcm on 3/14 after my original tcm, which I shorted out, finally kicked the bucket. Even on snow/ice you can feel it defuel when it shifts

The truck drives and shifts great so it's not an issue at all....just curious why it does it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
His ECM tuning for your truck may have more defuel feel to it due to the way the tune is built vs others or how he tuned back when you bought it.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Wesley....you s.o.b. Lol. That was with Mike's tuning back then.....kinda miss it. I couldn't turn down a free autocal from Nick though. I liked how Mike made me whatever stupid tune I wanted. My dsp 5 tunes were lope, smoke , and race tunes..no sissy stuff......

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
My LMM hates that second gear shift, it defuels hard on the big tune when I try to do a burnout, it's only clicked 1st through 3rd a couple times without doing it.

My LLY on the other hand was a burnout King, but the motor and trans got broke in that way, (drinking and break-ins don't mix)

andrew24dub

LBZ Power!!
Mar 10, 2016
St.Louis
I've done a couple burnouts in my lbz and I'll be easier on it in manual mode tell I hit third and then get on it and release the brakes. ATP Tunes.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
No probs smoking the tires off with mine.

There is quite a defuel for the 1st to 2nd shift, plus you're not fully on the charger yet at that point so you gotta be aggressive with the skinny pedal.:angel:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Tunning issue mine did it too until I fixed it. Now I have a full set of planetaries with no teeth that where beat out of my trans with a hammer to remind me about burnouts. Still have to finish off those old tires the right way though.....

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Wesley....you s.o.b. Lol. That was with Mike's tuning back then.....kinda miss it. I couldn't turn down a free autocal from Nick though. I liked how Mike made me whatever stupid tune I wanted. My dsp 5 tunes were lope, smoke , and race tunes..no sissy stuff......

Tunning issue mine did it too until I fixed it. Now I have a full set of planetaries with no teeth that where beat out of my trans with a hammer to remind me about burnouts. Still have to finish off those old tires the right way though.....

:rofl:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I recommend data logging it. I've seen a lot of trucks hit the set rpm limiter doing a 1st to 2nd gear burnout. Basically the lack of load allows the engine rpm to shoot past the limiter which pulls all fuel until it shifts and then starts pulling hard again. Feels like a heavy shift defuel, but really hitting the limiter.

This can be adjusted with ecm/tcm tuning if you want to continue to play like that.