Camshaft Interchangable?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe the intake is 1.36:1 and exhaust is 1.69:1.
Those are the correct ratio's.
The Peak Cam Lift is correct as measured. (the lobes are labeled wrong) But multiple the correct rocker ratio by that value, gives you the correct Peak Valve Lift.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I did do the math first, in case you were wondering. I thought it odd that the Dmax used such strange ratios, and different for intake and exhaust.
I guess thats the old-school engine building in me talking.

Reactions: Ironworker15

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
I did do the math first, in case you were wondering. I thought it odd that the Dmax used such strange ratios, and different for intake and exhaust.
I guess thats the old-school engine building in me talking.
I'm curious myself as to why the ratios are different. Like you, I'm used to old school gas engines. Even the Ls engines like the 4.8/5.3, I remember throwing a set of Harland Sharp 1.8 ratio rockers on there with a cam. Those 4.8s were great little engines, especially boosted! Maybe someone with more knowledge than me will have the answer.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
My guess would be because of the valve placement and where the rocker contacts the bridge. They rocker arms pivot is in line, so with out doing an offset like an old school big block, this is the end result.