California Prop 63

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
anyone else in california running out before the deadline to pick up ammo?

I know I got me a few over the past few months :D. looking for more shotgun ammo. maybe some buckshot and slugs but those seem to be all sold out or have only the expensive stuff left at any place local to me. I left this until the end because I figure that it would be one of the last ones our bonehead politicians would try and restrict or eliminate sometime down the road

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I've given up on trying to find anything at a decent price and just resort to stocking up when I travel out of state.

My local walmarts have some serious SJW's working in them and arbitrarily decide "No Ammo Sales Today" if they don't like you.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on Walmart for guns and ammo. I don't think they have any viable means for the background check so I think after the 1st they will likely stop selling ammo here

I usually get my stuff from sportsman's Warehouse as their service seems to be good or at least uneventful. Problem is they sell out often on the cheap bulk stuff. I end up purchasing a bunch of 20ct boxes. I may check out Ammo Depot near me to see what they got

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I haven't heard about this until just looking it up. So glad I live on the other side of the U.S. from Cali. :D

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I reload. It's a hobby in and of itself. I have enough materials to roll my own for a few lifetimes, LOL.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'd seen this one the other day. Hopefully it snowballs with more being struck down but I don't have high hopes

I may run out Sunday to pick up more :D

[YOUTUBE]MnSe-AVhlLo[/YOUTUBE]

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
I'd seen this one the other day. Hopefully it snowballs with more being struck down but I don't have high hopes

[YOUTUBE]MnSe-AVhlLo[/YOUTUBE]
It was the same judge that struck down the mag ban for a week last year. He also has the AWB case coming up, Miller v. Becerra, so it could snowball.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011

you mean to tell me there's a reasonable judge in cali,,who would have guessed.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
It was the same judge that struck down the mag ban for a week last year. He also has the AWB case coming up, Miller v. Becerra, so it could snowball.

Same judge. Got an injunction on the mag in '17, injunction was upheld on appeal in '18. Judge ruled it unconstitutional in '19 but stayed his ruling till appeal, too the same court that upheld the injunction. So the injunction is still in place and nobody has had to give up their mags.

https://ballotpedia.org/California_..._Large-Capacity_Ammunition_Magazine_Ban_(2016)