C N C Head porting

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Ah, I have seen the centroid in action, don't they offer reverse digitizing probes/software for that machine.

He'll I'm running a 4 axis makino right now, just mashing a green button all night....boring.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
How do you know if what your doing is helping or hurting if you haven't put them on a flow bench? I would like some flow numbers before I would be willing to buy a set.

Et and mph did it for me. And now since the race , the truck has been dynoed and that went pretty well itself!

Cool. What was the mph and et with the same setup with stock heads? Or someone else's heads?

How do you know if what your doing is helping or hurting if you haven't put them on a flow bench? I would like some flow numbers before I would be willing to buy a set.
I know that the porting on the exaust side helps more with the stock cams that alot of people run, but with our bigger cams and the high boost that some are running you will see big gains by porting the intake. Sorry been building a allison all day and installing a set of new 100% overs in the race truck. So I didnt get a chance to flow test the heads but tomorrow looks real good for that task. Has anyone else produced any flow numbers on the dmax heads?

What charger?

Htt s364

I know that the porting on the exaust side helps more with the stock cams that alot of people run, but with our bigger cams and the high boost that some are running you will see big gains by porting the intake. Sorry been building a allison all day and installing a set of new 100% overs in the race truck. So I didnt get a chance to flow test the heads but tomorrow looks real good for that task. Has anyone else produced any flow numbers on the dmax heads?

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007

Who are you kidding son? If it doesn't say TTS you aren't buying it! You aren't fooling anyone. :thumb:

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
looking good!!! i ported my heads by hand,but i only did the exhaust side,helped out a lot,so backs up what your sayin with stock cam and exhaust side porting only.

so what kinda cams do you have? i want some like this stock lift and bigger dura.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland

Our heads when they were CNC ported Heads by curtis halvorson flowed about 280'sCFM as delivered and once they were hand blended By my local Head porter and massaged a bit more they flowed over 300 CFM, also the bore size being run also changes the CFM #'s. These heads are capable of flowing upwards of about 315-320 CFM, but thats all dependant on the bore size you choose to run, and of course who does the work.

Porting with just a CNC is easy and sould be cheaper IMO, it gives the customer a OK port job, but the CNC cant and never will have the ability and know how of a human, this is why you should do both, it cost more but in the end you get what you pay for.....,Not all engines need this all out porting, so my responce only refers to the all out racers head.
Who are you kidding son? If it doesn't say TTS you aren't buying it! You aren't fooling anyone. :thumb:

AMEN!!! LOL

Ahh the infamous Wade Ive been warned about you. But its nice to see that someone else understands the human touch still takes the cake! I agree that The CNC can only see what you tell it and I still dont tell it to do everything. I want to keep some of the knowlege in my head. On all the heads I still do some by hand but all the race porting is finished alot by hand I like it the best. And curtis is still the best at this duramax work he can do anything you want. if you didnt get the flow you wanted out of his heads you just didnt explain to him that you wanted to take it to the limits. I also agree on you get what you pay for and end the end you should trust the person you are paying has the knowledge to do the job! Also thanks for the flow numbers Ill back those numbers up with my flow numbers so we will hopefully have a close comparison on the results:thumb:. oh are you going to be at the march 26 event in gainsville?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Ahh the infamous Wade Ive been warned about you. But its nice to see that someone else understands the human touch still takes the cake! I agree that The CNC can only see what you tell it and I still dont tell it to do everything. I want to keep some of the knowlege in my head. On all the heads I still do some by hand but all the race porting is finished alot by hand I like it the best. And curtis is still the best at this duramax work he can do anything you want. if you didnt get the flow you wanted out of his heads you just didnt explain to him that you wanted to take it to the limits. I also agree on you get what you pay for and end the end you should trust the person you are paying has the knowledge to do the job! Also thanks for the flow numbers Ill back those numbers up with my flow numbers so we will hopefully have a close comparison on the results:thumb:. oh are you going to be at the march 26 event in gainsville?

I should be there so if you will maybe bring some of your stainless CAC pipes that you have listed for sale and you might just sell a few more there.:thumb: