Byron "slow track" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
I got bashed on my first post lol. And it’s not my truck...he just put the S369sxe put on the weekend before and wanted an updated tune from dan.

I feel like I keep repeating myself...but I’m still a little butt hurt about everyone getting on my ass and assuming I was bragging about the times. I went there that day thinking the 69 should be getting mid 12s but once he showed up still leveled out and 70psi in his BFG tires...my expectations dropped a little. And it’s his 2nd time racing...he ran 14s in 2wd with stock setup in the spring

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
And yes Josh....I wish it was running like yours does. I already reccomended new tuning and we can swap tunes and dyno both. But it sounds like he’s about to drop the $$ for 45s

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The fact is even if the 369 and sportsman truck isn’t setup for racing it should still be putting down more power and therefore trapping higher speeds. It’s putting down the same power as a stock truck. Therefore the customer wasted 5k on parts Plus labor. Obviously something is wrong with the truck or tuning.

Even if the track is “slow” if the trucks were performing like they should the 369 and sportsman truck should be trapping much higher speeds than a stock air and fuel truck.

Also there is many of us young guys on here. I just turned 23 myself and that doesn’t mean the members here bash me. I treat them with respect and appreciate the help they have all offered me and it goes a long ways :thumb:

The guys he is arguing with go to the track a couple times a month at different tracks around the country. They see the b.s all the time.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
not that I don't enjoy a good stoning, but I don't know if he's that crazy far off. If you take a truck not set up to race - like a CC 4x4 with big bumpers rolling on 20's with a tool box for example. That pig is 8200lbs. If you plug 8200lbs and 625hp into the Duramax Math calc on this site, you get 105mph and he's making 104mph. Unless I'm not reading this right?

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
Alright. We can end this discussion on this then. What do you guys think on the stock air/fuel LBZ time slip. 7500lbs roughly CCSB and setup for drag racing.

We will completely toss out the big turbo trucks because obviously they caused all of this debate.

And we will start over and pretend like this didn’t happen and I’ll try my hardest to not sound like a bragging cocky douche bag who ran 13s on bigger turbos.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
we got my buddy's truck as you described, with a built trans from George, to a 2wd dead hook - 12.6 at Atco and I can't recall the mph

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
That truck runs good. You’ve got a 103 trap speed at 7500lbs. Good tuning and healthy fuel system.

I ran my 12.86 at 104.90 with my tct lly turbo 6800lbs dropping rail to 21k. So that 4094 setup dropping rail to 21k is about right too considering it’s orobably heavier than 6800lbs and trapping 103-104. Which also has duramax tuner tuning.

Now the last truck with a sportsman and 369sxe should be holding rail and making more power. Yet that truck has ddp tuning.

See the problem here?

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
That truck runs good. You’ve got a 103 trap speed at 7500lbs. Good tuning and healthy fuel system.

I ran my 12.86 at 104.90 with my tct lly turbo 6800lbs dropping rail to 21k. So that 4094 setup dropping rail to 21k is about right too considering it’s orobably heavier than 6800lbs and trapping 103-104. Which also has duramax tuner tuning.

Now the last truck with a sportsman and 369sxe should be holding rail and making more power. Yet that truck has ddp tuning.

See the problem here?

I’m gonna give it a chance on the DDP tuning once he is actually setup for racing. But yes, 4094 truck was probably closer to 8000 lbs because his backseat has a bunch of shit and his stack weighs about 100-150lbs and a 5th wheel hitch, rails, and bunch of other shit that probably added a lot to the weight.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Man just ditch the ddp tuning. Not saying 45’s are a bad idea but if he’s wanting to drop money on injectors because he knows his truck isn’t running what it should have him spend the $500 on Danville tunes first.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Then i would definitely ditch the ddp tuning.. I didn’t even trust my truck with Ppei tunes and i would trust Ppei much more than ddp. We’ve all seen the shady shit dan will pull. And unless dimitri put him on blast he would still be pulling that shit.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I've raced at Byron and right here at Joliet and have found that I was easily a half second faster at Byron. My truck ran a 12.8 on cold mud tires. I wanted to see what it run in street set up and not drag race set up. My truck has an early Danville charger and 45 over injectors.

I would look at the tuning first. It makes an unbelievable difference especially when you get into bigger chargers and more fuel. Having someone who knows what they're doing and actually sits in the truck to tune it is ge only way to go. Mark and his dyno would be money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.