Byron "slow track" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
That #5 tune you see? I ran 12.9s with that with stock injectors and stock turbo. With 285000 miles on the truck. Looking at your time slips makes me laugh.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Who? Pink slippers? Yeah he is well respected around here......

You were probably in diapers back when he decided he was build his own billet rods. But trust me when I say hitching your wagon to his horse isn't gonna win any brownie points around here. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That #5 tune you see? I ran 12.9s with that with stock injectors and stock turbo. With 285000 miles on the truck. Looking at your time slips makes me laugh.

No no no. It can't be. Even if you add a performance CP3 pump and 68mm turbo you can't run faster then a 13. Get real man.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL

Yeah, and he was running a 13.0 with stock turbo and injectors? A whole .1 difference and that time was on a cold track day.

I’ve already declared that the bigger turbo trucks are not setup for drag racing..
And the 4094 truck should honestly have Danville tuning, because I’ve always seen the best results with their tunes on that turbo. But he can’t justify paying for new tunes again.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
No no no. It can't be. Even if you add a performance CP3 pump and 68mm turbo you can't run faster then a 13. Get real man.

Hey now, don’t get it mixed up, the 69sxe had the sportzman pump...68mm 4094 has original fuel system and dropping rail bad.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Yeah, and he was running a 13.0 with stock turbo and injectors? A whole .1 difference and that time was on a cold track day.

I’ve already declared that the bigger turbo trucks are not setup for drag racing..
And the 4094 truck should honestly have Danville tuning, because I’ve always seen the best results with their tunes on that turbo. But he can’t justify paying for new tunes again.

Why wasn't he running them from the get go? Did you sell him DDP tuning?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Hey now, don’t get it mixed up, the 69sxe had the sportzman pump...68mm 4094 has original fuel system and dropping rail bad.

Oh yeah. The bigger turbo had the bigger fuel system. Well no surprise it went slow then. Fuel and air never mix well.

Keep digging your hole buddy. This is fun. :hug:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
View attachment 46789

These guys must be ****ing retarded then too.. ridiculous.

You've been saying you run DDP tuning, so why are you showing DT tuning?

With his older tuning on my stock turbo truck I was running 12.40s. With more mods but stock turbo I got it down to 12.28.

Do you ever log these truck's runs to see if rail is dropping or if there is an excessive defuel between shifts? On edit: you answered that before I finished my post. So why didnt you fix that problem first?

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
Oh yeah. The bigger turbo had the bigger fuel system. Well no surprise it went slow then. Fuel and air never mix well.

Keep digging your hole buddy. This is fun. :hug:

I don’t know how many times I gotta explain the two modded trucks are not setup for drag racing... yepp... just diggin the **** away

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If the two trucks with larger turbos werent set up for racing, then honestly you shouldn't have even brought them into the original discussion as they didnt represent typical or expected results.

Reactions: RMJ_LB7

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
You've been saying you run DDP tuning, so why are you showing DT tuning?

With his older tuning on my stock turbo truck I was running 12.40s. With more mods but stock turbo I got it down to 12.28.

Do you ever log these truck's runs to see if rail is dropping or if there is an excessive defuel between shifts? On edit: you answered that before I finished my post. So why didnt you fix that problem first?

Only truck that was logged is the 4094 truck...dropping rail to 21k.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I don’t know how many times I gotta explain the two modded trucks are not setup for drag racing... yepp... just diggin the **** away

Are you actually proud of the things your posting here? Why don't you go post a link to this thread on your fagbook page and let everyone see it. Bet you won't do it.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
If the two trucks with larger turbos werent set up for racing, then honestly you shouldn't have even brought them into the original discussion as they didnt represent typical or expected results.

I didn’t really expect this to turn into a “I’m a ****ing retard” debate either, lol..

All I gotta do is say DDP and I’m labeled....clearly.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You ran a 103 and change so they were right on the money. The rest is on you.

What’s the mph for the rest of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
Are you actually proud of the things your posting here? Why don't you go post a link to this thread on your fagbook page and let everyone see it. Bet you won't do it.

I’m proud of the stock fuel/air truck considering his best time used to be a 13.8 on the stock trans.

The other 2 are pretty much starting point trucks, never dragged before. I don’t understand how I ever bragged about it. All I did was post it up and you guys came all over it.

bdr_diesel

Oct 2, 2017
East Dubuque, IL
You ran a 103 and change so they were right on the money. The rest is on you.

What’s the mph for the rest of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty consistent. Stock turbo had the best of 102-103 and the big turbos were 103-104.

I planned on running mine but didn’t find the time to get trans done with too much work at the shop.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I didn’t really expect this to turn into a “I’m a ****ing retard” debate either, lol..

All I gotta do is say DDP and I’m labeled....clearly.
No, its about a bunch of trucks that clearly dont run anywhere near the power you claim, but for some reason you refuse to understand that. Saying a truck dyno'd 576 but runs a 13.0 should be telling you something.....

Yes, your choice of tuning isnt the best, but thats not all thats wrong apparently. Thing is, you also dont seem to have the diagnostic skills to figure out what's really going on with them.

Its NEVER as easy as "slap a bigger turbo on and go fast" with these damn trucks. Everything has to match, fuel and air, to get the most out of these heavy things.

The guys here are for the most part very smart. Most have "seen it, done it". They know what works and what doesnt. AJ said it when he told you that if it was your own truck and you came on here asking for help, we'd be more than willing to.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
No, its about a bunch of trucks that clearly dont run anywhere near the power you claim, but for some reason you refuse to understand that. Saying a truck dyno'd 576 but runs a 13.0 should be telling you something.....

Yes, your choice of tuning isnt the best, but thats not all thats wrong apparently. Thing is, you also dont seem to have the diagnostic skills to figure out what's really going on with them.

Its NEVER as easy as "slap a bigger turbo on and go fast" with these damn trucks. Everything has to match, fuel and air, to get the most out of these heavy things.

The guys here are for the most part very smart. Most have "seen it, done it". They know what works and what doesnt.

Well said Tom.

Brad, listen to this guy. Tom has been around, proven himself, and is very honest and respectful and even patient with people like you. He truly is trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.