BT box won't lock

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
ok so i just installed a BT lockup box for a 5 speed. the blue light comes on as it should in auto mode and as soon as i hit 2nd and at 95%? throttle the bright green light comes on for a split second then goes out, doesnt feel like its locking up. it will not stay lit in forced lock mode either. i know i have the signal wire to the throttle right because at whatever % throttle the light goes from blue to green a half second.

so either i wired up something wrong or the box isnt working right. where should i start, i double checked all my connections. the only thing i was not completely sure of was the ground and the pink wire for the 12v signal but i did find a pink wire like the instructions talk about on the BCM connector and it had 12v while in start/run (not running) and while running. and the ground should either work or not i guess.

rg3whitelbz

Jan 19, 2013
Maryland
I'd try a different ground. Maybe it's getting power then faulting out when the current is too much.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Double check but I think the signal wire, I believe it was purple on mine which is a 6 speed went to the brake pedal switch?

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'd try a different ground. Maybe it's getting power then faulting out when the current is too much.

that might make sense, just because i have a light on doesnt mean its a good enough ground to work at higher voltage

the question is what is a good ground? the instructions were very descriptive about every detail but this one
Double check but I think the signal wire, I believe it was purple on mine which is a 6 speed went to the brake pedal switch?

light blue is throttle and purple is brake, got those right, pink was 12v hot

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
You may need to solder the wires, the brake pedal wire gave me a fit, showed a connection when tested with a test light but wouldn't function properly until it was soldered.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
well this is all good info, i am going to try the grould first and see what happens.

duramaxd219 where did you put your ground wire? mine has a circle to be bolted to something...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Techically, you don't want a ground wire more than 12" long if at all possible. If it's on good, clean bare metal under the dash, it "should" be fine.

DURAMAXD219

It's all pink
Dec 5, 2013
Arizona
Wherever the "instructions" told me to tap into... None of my wires had any ends (tcm pins, bolt hole) on them.

James remembers my dilemma... Lol

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
so i went back to the brown BCM connector and found the black/white wire the instructions talk about. tapped that for ground and now i have 12v hott off the pink wire, verified ground by checking voltage between pink and the black/white wire i just tapped for ground.

now its even worse then before, the blue auto button will come on and as soon as i hit second gear regardless of throttle % it will go out and wont come back even if i hit the button again for atleast a couple mins... im just plain lost

rg3whitelbz

Jan 19, 2013
Maryland
Ben would know better but it seems like a ground or the brake safety circuit. Mine is t tapped into a black wire ground coming out if my bcm

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
the instructions say the wire colors are for 03-07 and i have an 02 so could the colors be off and i jsut tapped the wrong ground wire?

looking at the BCM connectors the brown connector is on the left... what is the orientation of the wire pins from top left in that connector?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wherever the "instructions" told me to tap into... None of my wires had any ends (tcm pins, bolt hole) on them.

James remembers my dilemma... Lol

Lol yeah but atleast it was simple and we got her workin quick!

the instructions say the wire colors are for 03-07 and i have an 02 so could the colors be off and i jsut tapped the wrong ground wire?

looking at the BCM connectors the brown connector is on the left... what is the orientation of the wire pins from top left in that connector?

I never got my auto feature to work but the force lock would. Anytime the throttle was pushed and I was in 2nd gear or higher with auto mode engaged it would lock the converter.

With the key on run and engine off, push the auto feature and run the throttle steadily to wot. Does the blue light go green @ 95% and above and stay green then? It almost sounds like you have something hooked up at the tcm wrong

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
With the key on run and engine off, push the auto feature and run the throttle steadily to wot. Does the blue light go green @ 95% and above and stay green then? It almost sounds like you have something hooked up at the tcm wrong

Doing exactly that the blue light goes out at 95% throttle, the green light illuminates for a split-second then goes out and the led goes back to the dull green.

At this point the only thing I'm not sure of is the ground.

Last edited:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I know you said you for sure have the brake switch wired in correctly, but is it sending a signal to the box? Sounds to me the brake switch is engaged or the box thinks it is, so it is kicking out.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I know you said you for sure have the brake switch wired in correctly, but is it sending a signal to the box? Sounds to me the brake switch is engaged or the box thinks it is, so it is kicking out.

I wondered that myself. Would that be something in the box or possibly a bad brake switch or in the t-tap itself

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I'm not sure. Check to see if the switch has voltage when the pedal is pressed or if it is a ground signal. If it is open, might unhook it to see if it works