Brrrrrrrrrrrr

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Welcome to iowa

This is what we are getting pleasured with in iowa..... (from our local news site) After a vigorous round of snow and wind, we'll be looking to our next concern, bitter cold conditions. In spite of the sunny skies, an arctic airmass will be positioned over the region, plunging temperatures in the the sub-zero category over the next 24 to 36 hours. Add to that breezy winds of 10 to 20 mph, and wind chill values could hover the near -40 degrees in some areas The duramax is going no where the next few days, better run the gasser

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
left mine unplugged last nite. got done pushing snow at 9pm and went out to fire it at 6:30am. -10 when I went to bed -23 when I woke up. Forgot to plug in..oops. and yes it fired right up.... set a P0401 and a P0078 so I think it was on the edge of gelling but I had it dressed up pretty good with Polar Power. Came out of it fine and purring like a kitten right now:D I think the lift pump helps in these conditions....forcing fuel into the filter insted of sucking

clayt171

He's watching you
Aug 21, 2008
I O Way
Gelled. Was around -30 last night. -18 when I started it. Ran fine till high idle then started surging. Crap. Will need to add emergency service to it later. Gonna be just as cold tonight. Iowa weather at its best.

I agree Malibu. These things will start up in some pretty cold weather. As long as you have good fuel and enough antigel.

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
mine started surging at high idle too. thats when it set the codes. went out and restarted it and put it in neutral so high idle wouldn't kick up and let run til engine heat started to build. I did have the fuel treated to -40. Polar power is the best I've found. I run 8 semi's and have never had a problem since I started using polor power 3 years ago. The have a product called melt down to un-gel filters but if its gelled hard its not so good. Good luck

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i have lost a couple glow plugs then starter on mine:mad:

think i lost 2 GP could tell my the smoke puff on cold start ups

and it would shack pretty rough too.

? any of your trucks cabin fans squeel when it is cold out? ie blow 15*

jb23

May 5, 2008
ILL
It was -15 when I went out this morning -35 on wind chills here in ILL good day to stay home play with the wife:hug:

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
dare ya to leave it un plug and it will fire right up :baby: got 5 bucks it will ;)[/QUOTE]

It does and did start right up:angel: I had to try and jump my car with no luck:mad: I didnt want to drive my truck because the wind chill was -51 And the fuel is only treated to -40. My drive to work is 24 miles and I have a chit ton of PTO so I stayed home:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I do not believe any of these poppy cock bs cold weather reports.:rolleyes:
Global warming is going on in case you didn't know it. :p:D

Just ask this idiot.

Attachments

• Al-Gore-ait03.jpg
    Al-Gore-ait03.jpg