brake torque throttle limit

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Been looking through the tutorials and trying some "%" changes to the stock tune. Interesting how that all works.

For the track this Sunday, I want to try to set the brake torque limit to 1700rpm. That'll help me IMMENSELY with keeping my start line procedure the same.
Toman told me its G0908 in the Brake torque Throttle limit % table, but didnt tell me what to change it to. Duh, like I can read minds. :rofl:

What exactly do I have to do here? I was looking for a parameter for RPM, but there isnt one..its all torque.

I think I have to change:

G0908 to 100 (%)
G0909 to (whatever torque is at 1700rpm?)

or do I change G0906 to 1700?

Whatever you guys can tell me will help.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
1700, maybe 1800...just depends on how much the brakes can take and how much boost.

I just need to figure out what parammeters to change, and then go from there.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
ok useing brack torque as a stageing/luanching device :D

g0907- If the throttle position is above this value, then brake torque management can be activated.
Brake torque management is used to reduce engine power if the vehicle is stationary with your foot on the brake and the accelerator is pressed.

(g0908) If brake torque management is active due to high throttle position, then it must fall below this value to be disabled
Brake torque management is used to reduce engine power if the vehicle is stationary with your foot on the brake and the accelerator is pressed.

these two tell when to activate and deactive brake torque when both brake and thorttle are pushed. and is controll via TPS%. the principle here is you mash the throttle and the engine governs to a set amount say 30% tps that is all the engine will do unitl it sense the wheels are truning then back to your normal operation proceedures.

g0909 -When brake torque limiting becomes active, this is the engine torque limit that will be applied.

this tell the engine how much calcualted tq it can apliy at when brake tq is activated..

g0906 brake tq speed If the vehicle speed is below this value, then the brake torque management can be activated.

this says when to activate/deactivate via truck speed. i would set this between 0-5mph would help when stageing in the lights

what i would do is start about here get 0907 at 20% and 0908 at 30% once the truck goes above the brake tq speed you get full power. it will take soem trial and error to find out what is good for you and the said tune in the truck.

hope that gets you a head start and some ideas to play with :hug:
i might do something like this and could be very useful in launch a 2wd truck :D

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
ok useing brack torque as a stageing/luanching device :D

uh huh...make the tune help out! Toman told me about that at the dyno day back in Jan, and it really made a hell of a lot of sense!

Thanks for the input. Wouldnt you want the speed set to Zero, since you wnt the TM to deactivate when you release the brake and start moving?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
uh huh...make the tune help out! Toman told me about that at the dyno day back in Jan, and it really made a hell of a lot of sense!

Thanks for the input. Wouldnt you want the speed set to Zero, since you wnt the TM to deactivate when you release the brake and start moving?

the reason i said 0-5mph is this allow you to "walk" the truck much easier with the throttle floored. gives you a window.. brake is still applied but not fully

with mph @ 0 once the tire move to 1 mph all your brake tq limit stuff is deactivated and you go to 100% power

once the brake is released you go to 100% power anyway so if wont affect leaving hte line. helps you controll the power getting to the line

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I'm going to try setting 0906 to 3 . i never thought of using that for staging I'm still a little new at this efi addiction.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
the reason i said 0-5mph is this allow you to "walk" the truck much easier with the throttle floored. gives you a window.. brake is still applied but not fully

with mph @ 0 once the tire move to 1 mph all your brake tq limit stuff is deactivated and you go to 100% power

once the brake is released you go to 100% power anyway so if wont affect leaving hte line. helps you controll the power getting to the line

Good point. That would suck to be spooling up, let off the brake a bit to get the second light, have the engine die back down and have to do it again. even worse if it went to 100% power when I didnt want it to.

tom want to make it simple so he doesnt have to whathc any guages :rofl:

mash brake mash throttle wiat for green light ECM does the staging work ;)

and whats wrong with "simple"? :rofl: Why make things harder than they need to be? Anything that can help my consistency at the light is a good thing. That way I can concentrate on the light, not the tach.

Last edited:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Not disputing anything here because I'm a retard about this stuff still.
Question, If I understand correctly (I probably do not) you can mash the brake & throttle at the same time & the truck won't move until you release the brake? How do the settings or do they take into considering RT? How much of a "delay" while actually letting off the brake until the truck would launch hard. If you are "powerbraking" the truck can be at full power while the brakes are still being released. It is a fraction of a second but it all counts. As you can tell I'm still lost
How long does it take the truck to "register" 1 mph? How far must the truck move phisically? This may help pulling.

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i think this can also help in pulling to avoid blowing the tires away before you get some traction. :) going to try this