Borg warner s366?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Anyone tried one, any one have any thoughts on why it would or wouldent be a decent turbo. (think drag racing manual truck)

From what i can tell its the same as a silver bullet 66/74 but a t4 .80ar wasegated housing? imo the 4094 was always laggy with the 106ar housing, a turbo like the s366 would spool super quick and still support the same "somewhat" safe power level of the 4094?

Thanx,
Caleb

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Anyone tried one, any one have any thoughts on why it would or wouldent be a decent turbo. (think drag racing manual truck)

From what i can tell its the same as a silver bullet 66/74 but a t4 .80ar wasegated housing? imo the 4094 was always laggy with the 106ar housing, a turbo like the s366 would spool super quick and still support the same "somewhat" safe power level of the 4094?

Thanx,
Caleb

Seems like a pretty small AR and might have a lot of drive pressure?

If its cheap enough I would try it out:)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What a High Tech Sled Puller 66, and it's clone the Silver Bullet 66, is an S300G with a 66mm inducer.

In the case of the High Tech, it's been improved with a custom stainless turbine housing, something Industrial Injection hasn't got yet.

Expect peak HP numbers in the 650-680 range with big fuel, and sign off at 3400 (boost fades start point), and a peak boost of 40. Good sizing for towing-street-strip, waste gated normally, and rebuildable.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I would try it Caleb. Keep the wastegate set around 40 psi it sould live. Your going to need an adapter plate to mount it to the PPE pedistal. T4 to T3.

An S465 might be a good choice to. They spool well and are very tough. You can get them pretty cheap. But you will need a PPE GT42 down pipe and pedistal spacer. You need to do some IC piping work to. But I can help you with all that.;)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I would try it Caleb. Keep the wastegate set around 40 psi it sould live. Your going to need an adapter plate to mount it to the PPE pedistal. T4 to T3.

An S465 might be a good choice to. They spool well and are very tough. You can get them pretty cheap. But you will need a PPE GT42 down pipe and pedistal spacer. You need to do some IC piping work to. But I can help you with all that.;)

John ,its a allready a T4:)

Smokin LB7

Jul 25, 2008

How much slower would the S466 spool over the S366?

I was looking at the S366 as well and pecieing together an instal kit. It seems like they are a good all around turbo. What a/r ratio would give it good spool characteristics, but not create too much heat and high EGT's? Do you know how much boost both of them would run?