Boost sensor

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Anybody know if the boost sensors are different from year to year, broke one on lly and replaced with one from lb7, having issues now, anybody ever encountered this?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Pretty sure the LLY is capable of reading higher than an LB7's. LB7 topped out at around 37 absolute, and a stock LLY can hit boost in excess of that at sea level in stock trim. So I would say it is safe to say the LB7 won't work in an LLY.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
All the ones I've seen had the same part number for LB7,LLY, & even on my LMM. Not sure about LBZ but with the others being the same it is to. Not sure if that's right though but that's what I've seen on my trucks and others I've looked at.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Also wich sensor did you replace the baro or map because they look the same. Baro is on the driver side under the engine harness connectors and the map is a real bastered to get at its in the valley on the drivers side intake manifold.

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
when my MAP sensor broke, it was replaced with a new one that they changed the part number on. it didn't work and didnt pump out as much boost. then he pulled one from an lmm and it worked beautifully. so i believe until lml's they were the same.