Boost referanced regulators.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
OK we run them on some of our turbo gas stuff and I thought I remembered some diesel guys running them so you can crank up the lift pumps and run a low psi at idle but when it hits the right boost it opens to the higher pressure. I did a search but came up with nothing.
To my question is anyone running them and which ones are you running?

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Do you mean a Hobbs switch?
No its a regulator that you set at what psi you want to normally run but it also has a boost port on it so when you hit a certain boost it opens the regulator fully open.

Im running one, it is a Aeromotive regulator.
How do you like it?
Whats your initial regulated pressure and your wide open pressure?
We have used some from Mallory on our gas stuff and it works pretty well and I was wondering what the diesel guys are using and maybe what kind of pressures you were running.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
I run one

I took a holley and modified it. It works well. I run 12 at idle and it goes 1 to 1 as boost pressure goes up. If I have 50 lbs. of boost I have 62 lbs of pressure at the cp3 pump. Jeff

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
How do you like it?
We have used some from Mallory on our gas stuff and it works pretty well and I was wondering what the diesel guys are using and maybe what kind of pressures you were running.[/QUOTE]

I like it. Initial is 15psi and 1:1+15 after that.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
How do you like it?
We have used some from Mallory on our gas stuff and it works pretty well and I was wondering what the diesel guys are using and maybe what kind of pressures you were running.

I like it. Initial is 15psi and 1:1+15 after that.[/QUOTE]

What Aeromotive model are you running?