Boost readings

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Still battling what I believe to be a boost leak with my truck have s475 charger billet wheel ful intercooler tubes pro fab weled y bridge dual fuelers 45% over injectors with robs tuning, my edge cts stops reading at 38 pounds and my mechanical gauge withch is in the y bridge reads 42 that's on the biggest tune wot still of the bottom blows a lot of smoke and makes like a groaning noise as if there were a boost leak I can't find one though, I was able to pressurize system to 24 pounds befor my cap blew of and didn't have any leaks at any of the boots or inter cooler at that pressure could not check the y bridge but I can't see that leaking all the bolts are in and I checked the 6 I could get to easily and they were tight but truck does don't seem to be at full potential any input am I skipping over anything or does all that sound right thanks guess gonna find a better way to keep the cap on after work to get it pumped up to bout 45 pounds and check everything then too but seein what you guys thought

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
My s475 with. 90ar makes 45psi with 40% nozzles. Id say you have a slit leak

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Still battling what I believe to be a boost leak with my truck have s475 charger billet wheel ful intercooler tubes pro fab weled y bridge dual fuelers 45% over injectors with robs tuning, my edge cts stops reading at 38 pounds and my mechanical gauge withch is in the y bridge reads 42 that's on the biggest tune wot still of the bottom blows a lot of smoke and makes like a groaning noise as if there were a boost leak I can't find one though, I was able to pressurize system to 24 pounds befor my cap blew of and didn't have any leaks at any of the boots or inter cooler at that pressure could not check the y bridge but I can't see that leaking all the bolts are in and I checked the 6 I could get to easily and they were tight but truck does don't seem to be at full potential any input am I skipping over anything or does all that sound right thanks guess gonna find a better way to keep the cap on after work to get it pumped up to bout 45 pounds and check everything then too but seein what you guys thought

Tuning plays quite a roll in boost numbers vs drive pressure. You may have a leak, but it could just need a little more tweaking to get more out of it. However, with a stock motor (I'm assuming) I wouldn't push it too much more

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Fully built motor Rods positions keyed crank cam head main studs ect egts I peg my 1800 gauge

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Boost leaks are a beach. Intercoolers fail, connections leak, Y-bridges, EGR if still in place, etc.

But while is sucks (errr... blows), you need to make an adapter for the inlet of the turbo, then disconnect at the Ybridge, and do a leakdown. A boost leak of any significance will be audible really easy. Also look for black streaks at connections. "Clean" air still leaves residue, and almost all connections leaks leave a mark.

maine dmax

Mar 28, 2009
I've found and fixed a number of boost leaks on my truck by making some test equipment and presurising the system.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
I will be doinin more testing over the weekend want to find a way to get it up to about 45 pounds pressure