Boats

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Any of you all have boats? If so what brand, and what do you like. Before i got hooked on diesel performance i used to own a 22 foot baja islander with a 454, it cruised along nicely. I just moved into a new house thats less than 2 miles away from a lake, and im starting to wish i had a boat again. I know it sounds bad, but im thinking about selling my 02 and all my pulling/racing stuff, and just keeping my 01 dually and buying a boat again. Ive been looking on the net and have found some 29-32 foot bajas i really like. Nothing like the sound of twin chevy big blocks purring at 5k's:D. But idk, im afraid ill miss the diesel performance addiction too much, and my luck, gas will go back up to $4 a gallon then ill be stuck with a $400 gas bill twice a month. :( Either way, im going to take a break from pulling this year, ill be way too busy, with this new house, and studying for my mechanics test this september ill be pretty tied up, but i gotta make sure i pass to get that 8$ dollar an hour raise:D. If i stick with the truck and build the motor, it will just have street duty, and maybe a few times to the drag strip this year. So many decisions.:confused:

Rob

Last edited:

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
I had a 37' Silverton for 4 years. Sold it about a year ago. I like boating a lot but it started to become more of a chore and when fuel got to be crazy expensive it started to take away from the fun.

I also don't live close enough to a large body of water and had to drive 2 1/2 hours every weekend. That also started to hit the pocket a bit hard when diesel went sky high.

Here's a pic of the same type of boat, not my old one. I can't find pics right now.

Joseph_Metcalfe_1.jpg

I think it is good to change up your hobbies every so often so you can keep some variety in your life. I likely won't go back to boating for a while, but I'm starting to revisit restoring old cars again. What I did before boating and diesel trucks.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
mines an 98 20' glastron with 5.0L volvo penta . I love it and so does the family . I live very close to some nice lakes and im about 20 min from the ocean

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I am not fortunate to have one YET, but a friend of mine has a couple, they are a blast, I think I caught the boating bug!!

This is his 30' Motion with 2 300hp Merc Racing outboards

BoatsandTruckpullingAug08003.jpg

BoatsandTruckpullingAug08005.jpg

BoatsandTruckpullingAug08023.jpg

His new dually and boat:
BoatsandTruckpullingAug08022.jpg

And my truck towing his BIG boat a 42' Wellcraft with twin 540's
Miscpics023.jpg

Last edited:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I go on vacation this way all the time. Water skied everything from the Pacific, Columbia River, Powell and connecting water ways to the central states. I'll be doing the South Eastern states as well as the Atlantic next. Cant wait.

Attachments

• going boating 001.jpg
    going boating 001.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 46

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
You guys are all talking me into getting a boat :D, i sure do miss it, and its a blast during the summer. My only fear is gas prices, i found a 1995 32' baja outlaw with twin 500's i really like. Its only 4 hours away too, but idk im going to take my time and decide if i really wanna get rid of my 02 and all the pullin stuff, really i think both hobbies would equal out to costing the same amount, these diesel parts arent cheap.:eek: Decisions decisions.:confused:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
heres the boat im looking at, its actually a baja caliber, not too crazy about the pink, but i guess i could always paint it.

Attachments

• baja caliber.jpg
    baja caliber.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 39
  • baja caliber 2.jpg
    baja caliber 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 47

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I also found this boat with no motors or outdrives, its a 91 36' baja,but i dont think i want another project. It would probably cost a fortune to set it up right, he asking 15k for it.

Attachments

• baja.jpg
    baja.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 35

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Here's a picture of my old boat. It was a 22ft velocity. It had a V-8 outboard. I called it Big Johnson. It had billit heads, bigger carbs,Boyseen reeds, Bobs lower end,Nitrous and Alky and of course a lot of gas!

Attachments

• bigjohnson_s.jpg
    bigjohnson_s.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 41

NastyNate

Really fast learner
Jan 15, 2007
Colusa, Ca.
22ft. Tige Riders Limited Edition. It's for wakeboarding, I don't think thats what your looking for. I don't even use it for wakeboarding anymore. I just like to crank the music up and drink some beer. :alc:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have a 30' DONZI thats alot of fun. Before the baby we used it all the time and it was worth all the time and money it takes to own and maintain a bigger boat. Last year we took the boat out once for my buddies wedding so it was a bit disapointing to spend all that money last year and not use it. I am hoping to get some more use out of it this year, if not I might just sell it and buy another 18-21 footer for cash and not worry about getting out on it all the time. Besides N.Y. sucks as far as boating weather you only get a few good months a year...

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
No boat for me yet, but My best bud and I have a pretty good time out on his 86 Cobalt 19'. Lil 4.3 V-6 that soon will be gettin new side exit exhaust and some whinning noises!:D

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
Had a 18ft sidewinder with a berkley jet years ago. had an Olds 455 with waterline exhaust. I live off an 11mile long lake and had alot of fun until I was banned.(Stupid 45mph speed restriction!) Topped off a hair above 80 on calm water.