Bluetooth/smart phone DSP-5 switch!

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Pretty cool Ben, you going to offer a blackberry version??? I kid I kid of course, hopefully your shipping department is up to handle this, so customers actually get products they order...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Pretty cool Ben, you going to offer a blackberry version??? I kid I kid of course, hopefully your shipping department is up to handle this, so customers actually get products they order...

Blackberry 10 OS can run Android apps! :D :p:

Going to work on adding Android support as soon as the iOS app launches up on the iTunes app store. So once the Android version of the app is out...theoretically, BB10 people (if there are any?) should be able to run the Android version of the app.

Several beta testers are currently using the switches to figure out any bugs or glitches, so the app will work as intended for all customers on launch.

Been using this pre-release beta test time to get a whole bunch of the bluetooth DSP-5 switches assembled, so they will be on the shelf/ready to go, and wont have to assemble them on an "as ordered" basis. :thumb:

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
What happens when the tune is say left in tune 4 and the bluetooth module is disconnected does it default to the base tune? Or the tune its left in.

Nice work Ben.

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014
Blackberry 10 OS can run Android apps! :D :

Going to work on adding Android support as soon as the iOS app launches up on the iTunes app store. So once the Android version of the app is out...theoretically, BB10 people (if there are any?) should be able to run the Android version of the app.

Several beta testers are currently using the switches to figure out any bugs or glitches, so the app will work as intended for all customers on launch.

Been using this pre-release beta test time to get a whole bunch of the bluetooth DSP-5 switches assembled, so they will be on the shelf/ready to go, and wont have to assemble them on an "as ordered" basis. :thumb:
I'll be a free beta tester... lol

2007 classic duramax CCSB with
Automatic 6 speed Allison

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Blackberry 10 OS can run Android apps! :D :p:

If you have pans on one for Windows I have a family member who writes app for Microsoft I would be happy to put you in touch with him..
As for me I will be waiting for the Android version... Nice work!!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just wanted to update everyone...we are on our last beta revision, next up is the full public release. :thumb: :cool:

Just waiting on Apple, and we'll be live!

Couple screen shots...

Attachments

• IMG_7747.PNG
    IMG_7747.PNG
    105 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7748.PNG
    IMG_7748.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 21
  • BTDW_SPLASH_3.jpg
    BTDW_SPLASH_3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Hey Ben. Are we able to purchase this at the introductory price and just wait for the android app to come out?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hey Ben. Are we able to purchase this at the introductory price and just wait for the android app to come out?

Yes, definitely. Dont worry we're not going to punish the Android guys. :D

The actual hardware itself (IE, the little module that plugs into your truck and hides under the dash) is all common for both iPhone and Android.

There is only one module that covers all 2001-2010 Duramax's, iPhone/iPad/iPod, and Android to make ordering easy.

Probably what Ill do is once the iPhone app is publicly released, there will be a second purchase option for the Android customers on the BT DieselWorks website to pay a $20 deposit (or something like that), and then as soon as the Android app is released, you pay the remainder of the introductory price.

Also, keep in mind that the iPhone app will work on also work on iPod Touch, and iPad...so if you dont have an iPhone, but do have an iPod Touch or iPad, you can buy the module now, use it with your iPod/iPad temporarily, and then when the Android app is released, just download the Android app on your phone and you're good to go!

For the iPhone people, you'll have to have an iPhone 4s or newer.

For Android people, you'll have to have an Android device that supports Bluetooth 4.0 (also sometimes referred to as Bluetooth Smart or Bluetooth Low Energy), and is running Android 4.3 or later. Most Android devices released within the last ~2 years have Bluetooth 4.0.

Ben