Blown Head Gasket

Diddy

May 13, 2008
Washington Go Zags....
04 Dirtymax,

No, the trucks temp was all over the place.....it wouldnt heat up or register on the temp gauge (never got over 160) for at least 20 min....then it would shoot up to 210 immediately (as if it the t-stat was stuck) and then drop and hold at 180.....all the while it was shooting coolent out the reservoir.....

Diddy

May 13, 2008
Washington Go Zags....
Kappa,

Still waiting to hear back from the dealership. The Tech came back from vacation on Mon, I was trying to give him some time to get aclimated again, not sure if any rigs were in front of mine. I will keep you posted, I am now leaning towards the injector cup issue.....

Diddy

May 13, 2008
Washington Go Zags....
Dealership isn't going to buck up and help like I was hoping. Taking it to a diesel shop outside of town. Their Duramx tech drives and 02 which is comforting and I liked the guy behind the desk, he was very knowledgable and informative. However, they are suggesting studding it, but I am on the fence with it, theoretically stocker bolts should be fine, but I'm pretty sure I will take them up on their suggestion. Also, type "C" gaskets? Your thoughts??

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
if the heads are coming off its like a condom in your pocket... id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

Diddy

May 13, 2008
Washington Go Zags....
Update: Taking it to a local diesel performance shop. Going with the studs and sending my injectors out to be tested and cleaned to a shop in Portland. 6K out the door.....UGH...