LB7: Blew turbo

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
https://lincolndieselspecialties.com/i-23847540-lds-64mm-lb7-ihi-turbo.html

https://lincolndieselspecialties.com/i-23847765-lds-duramax-lb7-68mm-ihi-turbo-kit-2001-2004.html

Lauren and Brent have great prices and customer service is top notch. Don’t think they’d ever put their name on junk. If I ever get another lb7 and want drop in this is the route I’ll go.

That thing is beautiful but how well built are they

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro
Sitting on 33*12.5-44 ballistic 959/Atturos

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
That thing is beautiful but how well built are they

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

As I said, Lincoln would not put their name on anything even remotely questionable. Give them a call Monday when they open up, Lauren or Brent would be happy to answer any questions

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That 68mm IHI is interesting. I didnt think that turbo could handle a compressor that big.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
It has a aftermarket compressor cover to handle the bigger wheel and if that 68 is made by who I think it is the turbine is bigger to like a 68/76. Compressor is 67.7/100.

I have one and it's a nice turbo just did not get it from them.

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
That 68mm IHI is interesting. I didnt think that turbo could handle a compressor that big.

That’s what I was saying but hey for that price I could get the turbo and my air box

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
As I said, Lincoln would not put their name on anything even remotely questionable. Give them a call Monday when they open up, Lauren or Brent would be happy to answer any questions
Oh yes they would. Their "reman" LB7 fuel lines are a steaming pile of garbage. Put a set on my Suburban, and 4 of the 8 leaked. Over-torqued them as much as I felt safe, and 3/8 still leaked. Pulled them off and looked at them, and they are garbage. They get used lines, throw them in a parts washer, then electro-plate over the top of whatever crap is left. So the sealing surface is still pitted, marred, and after plating, often at the wrong angle. Not only that, but the inner diameter is reduced because that gets plated too.

So while their new and reman injectors are great (because they're done by S&S), not everything is great. They did take the lines back, but wouldn't help me out on shipping to get new lines sent out. Still a little butthurt about that whole situation.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Oh yes they would. Their "reman" LB7 fuel lines are a steaming pile of garbage. Put a set on my Suburban, and 4 of the 8 leaked. Over-torqued them as much as I felt safe, and 3/8 still leaked. Pulled them off and looked at them, and they are garbage. They get used lines, throw them in a parts washer, then electro-plate over the top of whatever crap is left. So the sealing surface is still pitted, marred, and after plating, often at the wrong angle. Not only that, but the inner diameter is reduced because that gets plated too.

So while their new and reman injectors are great (because they're done by S&S), not everything is great. They did take the lines back, but wouldn't help me out on shipping to get new lines sent out. Still a little butthurt about that whole situation.

Strange. I got two sets of their lines and didn’t have any issues with them. Personally only had good experiences with them. Guess every business has a few slip ups.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Strange. I got two sets of their lines and didn’t have any issues with them. Personally only had good experiences with them. Guess every business has a few slip ups.
I've bought 3 sets of injectors from them, and never had a problem. The reman lines were a disaster, but on the whole, they are good to work with. So while those turbos might be excellent, it isn't a guarantee based on vendor name alone. It is worth being cautious, I guess is what I'm getting at. Though that applies to any company.

I'd like to think they've fixed their reman fuel lines at this point. Really, all they'd have to do to make them serviceable is machine the sealing faces either before or after the electroplating.

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
I've bought 3 sets of injectors from them, and never had a problem. The reman lines were a disaster, but on the whole, they are good to work with. So while those turbos might be excellent, it isn't a guarantee based on vendor name alone. It is worth being cautious, I guess is what I'm getting at. Though that applies to any company.

I'd like to think they've fixed their reman fuel lines at this point. Really, all they'd have to do to make them serviceable is machine the sealing faces either before or after the electroplating.

Agree that’s why I question something before spending 3k on it

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
No I know all the things I need to get the power just looking for your reviews on the turbo I’m looking at there are none on any of the forums for the g2

Long end game is here as my parts list I have made

600 Horsepower
S&B Cold Air Intake
EFILive AutoCal with Custom Tuning-DONE
Flow pro 5" Turbo Direct Pipe Back Exhaust System - DONE
FASS 165 Titanium Lift Pump -ORDERED
GRP Fuel Filter Delete
PPE Pressure Relief Valve Block Off
Dynomite Diesel 75 Horsepower Injector Set
Fleece Performance 10mm PowerFlo 750 Stroker CP3 Injection
64 mm turbo
ARP Head Studs
BD Cool-It Intercooler
PPE Race High Flow Exhaust Manifolds with Up Pipes
MBRP Turbo Direct Pipe
Drivetrain Upgrades
Fleece Transmission Cooler Lines
DT built 6 speed trans
Merchant Automotive Transmission Rear Housing Support

Do not forget to add a good $1,500 , 3 disc converter to your $20,000 list to hold that 6 th gear on top end ! Sounds like a fun project !

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2, 2019
Utah
Do not forget to add a good $1,500 , 3 disc converter to your $20,000 list to hold that 6 th gear on top end ! Sounds like a fun project !

The trans should come built with a billet triple disc. I mean if I’m spending that kinda money might as well fu*** have it

Last edited by a moderator:

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
From my understanding the 67mm g2 still uses the ihi center section which is water cooled. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd much rather keep the water cooled cs for longevity. I'm with duramaxnate I prefer Garrett but with the ihi dt g2 avalible thats the way I'm going when time and money allow :thumb: https://youtu.be/GYZnKHE-h3M

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
From my understanding the g2 still uses the ihi center section which is water cooled. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd much rather keep the water cooled cs for longevity. I'm with duramaxnate I prefer Garrett but with the ihi dt g2 avalible thats the way I'm going when time and money allow :thumb:

The turbo from lds is ihi as well so would they be the same center??

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I'm not sure what lds does but it says new center section in description on the website I bet is uses a s300 which does away with the water cooled section like the factory one has. watch the posted youtube video link I put in my last post about the 67mm g2 from duramax tuner nick explains it very transparently :thumb:

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
What one lol the Stealth 67 or the LDS 68

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

The LDS one, also the duramax tuner ones use a stock compressor cover, the LDS one has a bigger higher flowing cover to keep the correct map groove in the housing. Lots of others modify the stock cover with a insert, weld, ect and the map groove is not as good.