LB7: Blew turbo

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
What’s up dmax fam. New here to the page not to much for the diesel life I’m looking in to getting a new snail in mail and I’m looking at the dt stealth 64/67 g2 have you guys had any experience on this product? How is the power on stock fuel/air ?spool fine? High end power boost. Thanks

2003 LB7
Cat adapter
EFI LIVE
5 inch Flo~Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Until you get a built trans, lift pump,intake and custom tunes you will not see any gain. More of a laggy turd.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Ok what are your end goals? If you plan on making 600+ hp your in the territory of needing bigger injectors and probably a bigger pump. Are they on your to-do list or you sticking with stock sticks and pump?

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
No I know all the things I need to get the power just looking for your reviews on the turbo I’m looking at there are none on any of the forums for the g2

Long end game is here as my parts list I have made

600 Horsepower
S&B Cold Air Intake
EFILive AutoCal with Custom Tuning-DONE
Flow pro 5" Turbo Direct Pipe Back Exhaust System - DONE
FASS 165 Titanium Lift Pump -ORDERED
GRP Fuel Filter Delete
PPE Pressure Relief Valve Block Off
Dynomite Diesel 75 Horsepower Injector Set
Fleece Performance 10mm PowerFlo 750 Stroker CP3 Injection
64 mm turbo
ARP Head Studs
BD Cool-It Intercooler
PPE Race High Flow Exhaust Manifolds with Up Pipes
MBRP Turbo Direct Pipe
Drivetrain Upgrades
Fleece Transmission Cooler Lines
DT built 6 speed trans
Merchant Automotive Transmission Rear Housing Support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
It all depends on how the turbo is setup and who is tuning it and what size injector you want to run. I have installed a couple of PPE's GT4094 kits in stock injector trucks and I didn't have to change the tuning.

I personally like Garretts

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
It all depends on how the turbo is setup and who is tuning it and what size injector you want to run. I have installed a couple of PPE's GT4094 kits in stock injector trucks and I didn't have to change the tuning.

I personally like Garretts

What would you recommend around that price I was also looking at the cheetah since I can find more on that then dt

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro
Sitting on 33*12.5-44 ballistic 959/Atturos

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
I would check out Danville Performane (MarkBroviak). He makes some killer drop in turbos. He can help you choose the right one for your goals. But again it does depend on what your fueling components you choose.

I am running stock injectors in Casper with a GT4202r and I have run 127mph in the quarter mile.

Are you looking to do a drop in or a complete aftermarket kit?
I would personally do a complete aftermarket kit. More flexibility on turbo sizing. Mark can get you a turbo that's right for your setup to use with an aftermarket kit as well.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
Utah
I would check out Danville Performane (MarkBroviak). He makes some killer drop in turbos. He can help you choose the right one for your goals. But again it does depend on what your fueling components you choose.

I am running stock injectors in Casper with a GT4202r and I have run 127mph in the quarter mile.

Are you looking to do a drop in or a complete aftermarket kit?
I would personally do a complete aftermarket kit. More flexibility on turbo sizing. Mark can get you a turbo that's right for your setup to use with an aftermarket kit as well.

I was thinking of calling them Monday and talking to them

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
You won't be disappointed! Mark's good people. :thumb:

I see that your on the west coast, plenty of places out this way that can help

you with stuff for your truck.

Looking at the Danville page and they only have 2 ihi turbos one is 2.5 bmw and the other is the stage 1 bmw do they have anything for lb7 that’s a drop in replacement

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro

Feb 2, 2019
Utah
Just kidding the other one is for 04 fml

2003 LB7

EFI LIVE
CAT FUEL FILTER
5 inch flo~pro