Bleeding the clutch slave.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
This thing will not bleed. I'm about to hire a mexican day worker to come pump for me. In the past week I've probably pumped for a combined 3-4hrs. What's funny is with the truck off the pedal will get stiff. But as soon as you start it it gets soft again. Ftw

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This thing will not bleed. I'm about to hire a mexican day worker to come pump for me. In the past week I've probably pumped for a combined 3-4hrs. What's funny is with the truck off the pedal will get stiff. But as soon as you start it it gets soft again. Ftw

:confused:
Sounds like you may have another problem there......
Maybe loosen the line off at the slave and pump it to ensure you have good flow-no air.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
:confused:
Sounds like you may have another problem there......
Maybe loosen the line off at the slave and pump it to ensure you have good flow-no air.

I loosened that line and pumped and made sure no air was in it. I've had a buddy helping me on it today and it seems like it's gettin better.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Well it isn't the hydraulics. We took a video today with my buddies new Snapon borescope. The slave is clearly pushing the fingers on the pressure plate plenty far. So I called Dan @ Valair and he said get back up there so we can pull it put and figure out the problem. I guess that's what you get when you are the beta tester. Oh well probably come up next Saturday and make another trip to cabelas while I'm up there. And if if Josh is around I'll go see his monster since it's running now.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm probably going to be in Denton Saturday night. Looks like Cabela's is in Ft Worth? Denton is only about a 40 mile drive from there.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
It depends on if it how long it takes to get it fixed. My aunt lives in little elm so I might just swing over there and see her later and spend the night. Since she has been bugging me to come see her for awhile.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Well figured out what my problem was. I need to beef up my input shaft. It was all buggered up and wouldn't let my second disc release all the way. We cleaned the input up and all is well and working properly. :D:D:D

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
yea thats not a vary fun thing to do but when i put the clutch in i put the tranny back in by myself went pretty good till i had to take it back out because i dropped a bolt in to the bellhouseing:mad:. glad you got it running again now see how this sucker handles and let us know.